Andrew Neil today slammed ‘woke warriors’ for trying to cancel his new GB News channel before it even starts. The former BBC presenter laid into activists after they launched a sabotage campaign against his soon-to-be-launched TV channel. Twitter activists are urging firms not to advertise with the new station under the hashtag ’Don’tFundGBNews’, because they fear the channel will be ‘like America’s Fox News’ – a comparison bosses have rejected. And those backing the campaign, including equality campaigner Femi Oluwole, have threatened to cancel their phone contracts if companies such as EE and Vodafone pay for advertising spaces on the channel. But Mr Neil, who is the chairman of GB News, today hit out at those behind the campaign. His comments come as he described news debate in Britain as ‘increasingly woke and out of touch with the majority of its people’ in an interview with the Sunday Express. In a tweet he said: ‘The woke warriors trying to stir up an advertising boycott of GB News, a channel that hasn’t even started broadcasting, are hilarious. Andrew Neil (pictured left) has slammed ‘woke warriors’ for trying to cancel his new GB News station before it even gets started. Those backing the… Read full this story
- Piers Morgan news – Meghan Markle is a ‘silly little cable TV actress’, Jeremy Clarkson says as he defends former rival
- Piers Morgan news: ‘Safe option’ Ben Shephard set to replace GMB presenter on ITV show as fans beg ex-host to return
- Is ‘Anti-Wokeness’ the New Ideology of the Republican Party?
- Sixteen Great Twitter Moments
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 20
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- I Am a Victim of Republican 'Cancel Culture'
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 1
Andrew Neil hits out against 'woke warriors' trying to cancel new GB News station before it even launches as they take to Twitter to encourage boycotting advertisers have 285 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.