By Bashir Bello
Operatives of security agencies have on Thursday cordon off the mosque and house of the Kano Islamic preacher, Sheikh Abduljabar Sheikh Nasir Kabara for alleged incitement.
The action followed directive by the government to shut down the seminaries and ensure no breakdown of law and order.
The stern-looking personnel comprises of Police, NSCDC among others and were seen stationed with their vehicles around the mosque located in Filin Mushe in Gwale Local government area of the state.
Recall that the Kano State government had barred the cleric, Sheikh Kabara from preaching in the state for his mode of teachings considered too incendiary.
The government also directed all broadcast stations and social media platforms to abstain from airing of such enflaming preachings, sermons, propagation and any other religious discussions in the interest of peace and tranquillity in the state.
- Cities boost security after explosions
- Olympic security review after France attacks
- Police chief expects high terror threat at WCup
- Police chief preparing for 2014 World Cup threats
- Civil suit accuses Colts DT Foster of attack
- Top sports controversies of 2010
- How Kevin Johnson Destroyed A Black Mayors Group To Promote His Brand
- Bottom line for FIFA: the good of the game
- Bottom line for FIFA: Good of the game
- How a scandal brought down Joe Paterno
- Rogue Platoon Investigation; Neck-and-Neck Race in Nevada; CNN Hero Guadalupe Arizpe De La Vegal;
- Feds forced to seize cartel horses
- Report: Hernandez booted from Gillette
- Sound the Horne: Week 12 preview
- Cisse shirt dispute resolved
- Moyes hopes to continue tradition
- Arrested Singaporean reveals match-fixing secrets
- Former Giants outfielder Benard admits steroid use
- Mayweather avoids jail time until June
- Q&A with filmmaker Sean Pamphilon
Alleged incitement: Security operatives cordon off Kano Islamic preacher mosque, house have 285 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.