Two ABBA stars worth a combined £413million used furlough cash to pay staff of Mamma Mia! the musical and other shows, according to reports. Björn Ulvaeus, 75, and Benny Andersson, 74, are co-founders of production firm Littlestar Services – the company behind the stage musical version of Mamma Mia!. Superstar pair Björn and Benny, who set up the company in 1996, have personal fortunes of £233million and £180million respectively. But their London-based firm, which boasts on its website about being a ‘successful global producer of theatre, film, television, publishing and music’, received £100,000 of tax-payer’s cash, according to the Sun . The paper says that, according to official HMRC documents, Littlestar Services and Littlestar Services (Europe) were given up to £50,000 each to pay staff in December. Björn Ulvaeus, 75, and Benny Andersson, 74, (pictured together in 2019) are co-founders of production firm Littlestar Services – the company behind the stage musical version of Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! the musical was premiered in 1999 and was later adapted into a film starring actress Amanda Seyfried (pictured with co-stars Dominic Cooper and Cher) The furlough payment comes after the company paid out £1.3million in dividends to shareholders in the year to the end… Read full this story
- Wear it like a man! Make-up brand W7 uses an all-male line-up to promote its latest beauty campaign - with 14-year-old Welsh influencer Reuben De Maid taking the starring role
- 'This play is full of firsts': behind the groundbreaking Go-Go's musical
- What crisis? Why music journalism is actually healthier than ever
- Taylor Swift lands huge £20million album deal with Universal Music
- BBC ‘hiding top stars’ sky-high salaries’ after axing free licences for over-75s
- 2018 Is The Year Of The Queer Woman Pop Star
- Spotify vs. Pandora: Which music streaming service is better for you?
- The best music of 2016 so far:
- Anger and Sadness Are On the Rise in Popular Music Lyrics
- 50 Bravo Housewives Ranked By Net Worth
ABBA stars worth a combined £413million 'used furlough cash to pay staff of Mamma Mia! Musical and other shows' have 310 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.