A Place in the Sun host Jonnie Irwin has revealed that a former guest stabbed himself in the hand with a knife to stop him from laughing while filming the Channel 4 show.
The 47-year-old property expert has been part of the travel series for 17 years and he’s met some weird and wonderful characters along the way.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk about the one guest that sticks in his mind, he recalled: “I was about to tell him the price of something and he kept laughing. He was nervous.
“So eventually I was like ‘Come on mate pull yourself together’ and he just ran off into the kitchen.
“I was like ‘What is he doing?’. He comes back two minutes later and we continued so I told him the price.
“He kept straight-faced all be it with a slight smile and a wince and we finished that section of the show.”
The father-of-three, who also runs a property purchasing consultancy, said he asked the guest what happened when filming came to an end, and he didn’t expect the bizarre answer he received.
Jonnie explained: “He told me ‘ I ran into the kitchen, found the kitchen drawer, got a knife, put a knife in my pocket, ran back out and every time I thought I was going to start laughing I stabbed myself in the hand’.”
When he’s not showing guests around lavish homes across the globe, Jonnie has his hands full with his adorable children.
He recently logged into his Instagram page to share a series of cute snaps with his eldest son, Rex, on a beach day.
The proud dad, who shares three children with his wife Jessica, could be seen cuddling up to his eldest son in the first selfie, while Rex was clearly have a wonderful time in the other photos.
Jonnie and his wife Jessica welcomed twin boys back in June last year.
Clearly over the moon with his growing family, he uploaded a picture of himself, Jessica, and their newborn boys onto his social media page.
The presenter wrote in the caption at the time: “They’ve arrived! After a long day in hospital the boys finally decided to make an appearance.”
Production for A Place in the Sun is currently on hold due to the latest lockdown restrictions.
After the first national lockdown in March, the travel series was able to resume after bosses put strict measures in place.
It remains unclear when the programme will start resume filming again.
A Place in the Sun airs weekdays at 3pm on Channel 4
- Michelle Visage EXCLUSIVE: Star only did Big Brother to get RuPaul's Drag Race UK 'on the map'... as she calls Little Mix's Jade Thirlwall her 'little British daughter'
- Counting Down to Christmas and the Birth of the SUN - Oops I mean SON
- Above the Earth's Green
- The Face in All Seasons
- Weddings Are A Crock
- The Rateros (Robbers) of Buenos Aires
- A Review of the Best Las Vegas Hotels on the Strip
- Reception Planning & Resources
- The River Returns - A Collection of Tanka poems
- Brother Malcolm X Shabazz
- DMX The Great Depression - Album Review
- Surviving a Child's Suicide
- Audience of One - A New Take on the Sunday Assembly
- Traveling With Children to Oaxaca, Mexico
- Destination Weddings, Honeymoons - St Barts
- Fell Off The Ship
- Alcohol and Drugs in Action - The Life and Death of Joe Rowley
- Abundance in All Things
- The Cycle Of Life
- The Only Review You'll Ever Need of Blade: The Series (Part 3 of 5)
A Place in the Sun star recalls bizarre moment guest stabbed himself with knife have 572 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at February 1, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.