BEING a parent is expensive, but there are plenty of freebies available if you know where to look including nappies and baby wipes. We also explain your rights to free childcare, prescriptions and Healthy Start vouchers. Families are more financially stretched than ever due to the coronavirus crisis, so it makes sense to cut back where you can. It comes as latest figures from the Child Poverty Action Group show the total cost of raising a child until the age of 18 is £152,747 for couples. This rises to an eye-watering £185,413 – an increase of £33,000 – for single parents. To help you save money, we’ve teamed up with bargain hunters at Magic Freebies and self-confessed coupon queen Holly Smith to find the best deals for parents. Money saving tips for parents WE’VE put together six top tips to cut costs, nab freebies and to make sure you’re not fined. Free prescriptions and dental care – Prescriptions cost £9.15 a pop in England, while NHS dental costs vary by location. You can get both for free while you’re pregnant and for 12 months after your baby’s due date. Ask your doctor or midwife for a maternity exemption certificate (MATEX)… Read full this story
- Amazon Starts Selling its Own Ethically Sourced Diapers to Hook Parents on Prime
- 20 Things You Really Don't Need To Buy For A New Baby
- How to deal with becoming a new parent
- Baby Food Basics
- 'These Tips Let Me Continue Traveling The World After I Had My Baby'
- MSNBC host says newborn infants don’t count as ‘alive’ unless parents decide they do; infanticide is the new abortion
- Wearable 'smart' baby monitor provides parents with insight
- Clint Frazier Knows Why He’s in Scranton, but Longs for New York
- The Red Sox Confront a New Curse
- Five to Try: Disney debuts its own coloring app, and The Lego Batman Movie Game gets silly
16 freebies for parents and new mums including nappies, baby wipes and Lego magazines have 305 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.