Boris Johnson has written to all Britain’s parents thanking them for doing ‘a great job’ during the coronavirus pandemic as schools remain closed to most children. The Prime Minister penned an open letter to parents, carers and guardians to say they have responded ‘magnificently’, with the Government having faced sustained criticism for its handling of education during the pandemic. Mr Johnson also promised in his letter a multi-million pound catch-up programme for pupils to ensure ‘nobody gets left behind’. This week he said classrooms in England would remain closed to all but the vulnerable and children of key workers until March 8 at the earliest, having been closed since the Christmas break. It came following news that Lockdown exercise rules could be relaxed to ease the pressure on our physical and mental health. Mr Johnson has asked officials to draw up options for a slight lifting of the rules, which currently limit people to meeting one other person for outdoor exercise once a day. Boris Johnson has written to all Britain’s parents thanking them for doing ‘a great job’ during the coronavirus pandemic as schools remain closed to most children In the open letter, Mr Johnson wrote: ‘I’m particularly in awe of the… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson warns Brussels that Britain cannot be 'held against its will' as Ireland mounts all-out bid to kill off his fledgling Brexit blueprint before it has even been formally tabled
- General election: 43 lies, gaffes and scandals that make Boris Johnson unfit to rule
- No, Boris Johnson is not about to save the NHS. He's about to make it worse
- General election LIVE: Nigel Farage 'outmanoeuvred' by Boris Johnson over Brexit U-turn
- Boris Johnson admits ‘tempers need to come down’ after furious Jo Cox row over MPs’ language – but refuses to stop saying ‘surrender’
- Brexit: Boris Johnson says UK will break away like Hulk
- Boris Johnson has the potential to be a fantastic Prime Minister — we congratulate him
- Carrie Symonds – why Boris Johnson’s lover Carries a lot of emotional baggage
- Now Cameron turns nasty with savage attack on Boris: Simmering feud bursts into the open as PM accuses his rival of backing the Out campaign just to further his dream of getting the top job
- UK general election 2019: What are the main parties promising?
'You are doing a great job': Boris Johnson sends an open letter to all Britain's parents and promises a multi-million pound catch-up programme once schools finally reopen have 376 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 30, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.