People in Scotland have been urged to ‘walk like a penguin’ in order to avoid falling over on pavements covered in snow or ice. As Britain continues to brace through the current cold snap, and with yet more freezing temperatures expected today, NHS trusts have issued the odd edict, which instructs people to keep their weight over their front leg as they walk. One trust to share the advice, NHS Lothian, says that by ‘walking like a penguin’ people can prevent injuries and hospital trips from ‘avoidable accidents in the ice and snow’. But while some took to social media to praise the advice, others mocked the edict – which was similarly ridiculed when shared by NHS trusts in England during 2018’s Beast from East snow storm. One Twitter user, Dean Kelly, said: ‘How did we survive hundreds of thousands of years with such sage advice from NHS numpties? Someone tell the Eskimos!’ However other praised it, including one user who said: ‘Thank you!! Must remember next time so as to remain upright!’ As Britain continues to brace through the recent cold snap, and with yet more freezing temperatures expected today, NHS trusts in Scotland have issued the odd edict,… Read full this story
- 'I begged the paramedic, but they left': Husband of Filipino nurse, 50, who worked for NHS for 18 years tells how ambulance crew refused to take her to hospital... nine days before she died of coronavirus after he drove her himself
- Fury as NHS workers on coronavirus front line are told to RE-USE vital protective equipment with stocks of aprons and masks set to run out this weekend
- 'Irreplaceable' housekeeper on NHS hospital ward dies of coronavirus as heartbroken colleagues pay tribute to 'much loved lynchpin'
- 400,000 gowns are set to arrive from Turkey tomorrow but Robert Jenrick accepts government must do more after furious NHS says faith in Matt Hancock is 'draining away' after they were told to RE-USE protective equipment
- England campaign targets seriously ill patients avoiding hospitals
- What should parents tell their children about terrorism?
- If we love our NHS so much, why are we suing it for £83billion, asks MARTIN SAMUEL
- NHS staff should reuse PPE gear as a 'last resort', leaked government report reveals - as hospitals begin laundering single-use gowns and medics buy their own protective wear from DIY stores
- GP, two paramedics and mental health worker are latest NHS workers to die from coronavirus
- Miss England on the NHS frontline: Winner resumes her job as a junior doctor during the coronavirus pandemic - and says staff are 'falling like flies' due to a lack of PPE
Waddle load of snowflakes! Now NHS Trusts tell people to 'walk like penguins' to avoid falls in snowy weather have 426 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.