A waitress in Orlando, US, managed to get two children removed from an abusive household by writing a note to one of them during a meal. Flavaine Carvalho picked up a New Year’s Day shift at the Mrs Potato restaurant and noticed an 11-year-old boy was acting strangely at one of her tables. Upon closer inspection, she saw that the boy wasn’t being fed and had visible bruises and lacerations on his body. “I just thought I need to do something,” Carvalho told CNN. “I could not see him go away without any help.” The waitress held up notes behind the child’s stepfather and mother, asking if he was okay and if he needed help. Satisfied that the child was in trouble, Carvalho called the police. READ MORE:Australian couple saved from crocodile swamp after writing ‘Help’ in mud Cracker Barrell waitress’s ‘tip’: ‘Stay at home’Customer refuses to leave tip for waitress because she didn’t ‘look normal’ “One of the kids is with a lot of bruises on his arms and on his face and the parent is not giving food for him but is giving to the other kids that are with them,” she explained to a dispatcher, per CNN…. Read full this story
- I have seen parents lose their children to the deleterious effects of child sexual abuse – Dr Nimi Ekere
- 423 children undergo COVID tests
- I stayed in an abusive relationship with my wife because she threatened to not let me see my kids if I left – and there are plenty of other men like me
- Remains of Lori Vallow's son JJ, 7, and his sister Tylee, 17, are found at her husband Chad Daybell's home as his bail is set at $1million for 'concealing and destroying the bodies'
- 'It's like you're in prison': Love Island's Malin Andersson reveals campaign of abuse she says she suffered from ex who beat her, threw bottles at her and disrespected late daughter and mum
- Thugs who attack 999 staff face longer jail terms: Writing in the Mail, Home Secretary Priti Patel reveals plan to DOUBLE maximum sentence for criminals who assault emergency crews
- ‘My son was shaking, trying not to go online’: how the gambling industry got its claws into children
- Teaching your children resilience for hard times? These kids' books are all about it
- Story of a father who criss-crossed China to rescue trafficked daughter
- 'I’ve had some really mixed experiences': Kiwi ultra runner Sophie Grant calls out abuse
US waitress rescued children from an abusive home by writing note have 406 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.