US climate envoy John Kerry is traveling to China on Wednesday for talks on how to limit global warming. His trip is the first official Chinese visit from the new Biden administration. The former secretary of state will visit Shanghai as well as the South Korean capital Seoul, the US Department of State confirmed. Kerry’s visit comes at a time of heightened tensions between Washington and Beijing on several other issues, such as China’s treatment of its Uyghur Muslim minority and its crackdown on human rights in Hong Kong. Watch video 02:08 Share Greta Thunberg turns 18 Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3nTVB Environmental activist Greta Thunberg turns 18 US President Joe Biden has invited more than 40 world leaders to a video summit on climate change next week, including Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin. “We have big disagreements with China on some key issues, absolutely. But climate has to stand alone,” Kerry told CNN in an interview. The ex-US senator said that global powers must work together to tackle the issue: otherwise “you're just killing yourself, you’re going be hurting your own people.” But will China take part? With global temperatures and natural… Read full this story
- John Kerry on North Korea: "China can do more"
- John Kerry : intensifier la pression sur la Corée du Nord
- John Kerry dismisses Trump’s warning to stay away from Iran talks
- JOHN KERRY: Trump 'really just doesn't know what he's talking about. He makes things up.'
- Trump blasts John Kerry's efforts to save the Iran deal, hours before he announces its fate
- Trump’s Trade War With China Pierces the Heart of Michigan
- Is Your China Strategy Ready for Anything?
- Boeing flies close to trade tussle with new facility in China
- Iran's U.N. envoy denies threat against U.S. forces
- Tony Blair steps down as Middle East peace envoy
US climate envoy John Kerry travels to China have 321 words, post on www.dw.com at January 14, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.