THE UK’s strict lockdown IS working, health chiefs have announced – as new graphs show Covid cases are dropping rapidly. The graphs were revealed as Boris Johnson addressed the nation from Downing Street this evening after the country’s grim toll reached more than 100,000 – less than a year after the first UK coronavirus fatality was recorded. 😷 Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates Admitting the toll is “an appalling and tragic loss of life”, Mr Johnson told Brits: “The number of deaths recorded has passed 100,000, and it’s hard to compute the sorrow contained in that grim statistic – the years of life lost, the family gatherings not attended, and for so many relatives, the missed chance even to say goodbye “I offer my deepest condolences to everyone who has lost a loved one.” And he promised that all those who have died will be remembered, vowing: “We’ll come together as a nation to remember everyone we’ve lost, and to honour the selfless heroism of all those on the frontline who gave their lives to save others.”Mr Johnson also said there will be time for ‘lessons to be learned’ – adding “As Prime Minister… Read full this story
- Spanish comedian who blew nose on national flag set to have court case dropped
- Attempted child abduction case dropped
- The four-day working week: Careful what you wish for?
- MPs criticise CPS criminal case failures
- What parents need to know about new RSC virus
- Drop no deal, Corbyn tells May at meeting
- Number of non-EU workers in UK soars by 100k to record high
- Brits urged to stock up on food as -11C SNOWBOMB to last ALL WEEK and Met Office issue new ice warnings
- Bees can do arithmetic, astonishing new study finds
- Do you have skills needed for new Industrial Revolution? – David Coyne
UK lockdown IS working as new graphs show Covid cases are dropping rapidly have 299 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.