It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made their bombshell announcement that they were quitting the Royal Family. Posting on their now defunct Sussex Royal Instagram page, the couple revealed their plans to ‘step back as senior members’ of the Firm and work to become ‘financially independent’ while splitting their time between the UK and the US. It sent shockwaves around the world, and the coining of the term ‘Megxit’ quickly followed – which became one of Collins Dictionary’s Words of the Year in 2020. Twelve months later and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, now living in a $14 million mansion in California with their 18-month-old son Archie, have signed lucrative deals with the likes of Netflix and Spotify, and ‘don’t regret’ their decision to go it alone, according to a source. But their departure has not been without heartache, with the Queen, 94, said to be ‘personally hurt’ by the manner in which it came about, and the Royal Family’s collective disappointment at not being able to watch young Archie grow up. Their acrimonious departure has also left painfully deep scars for Prince William which those in the know claim may… Read full this story
- 10 bombshells from unauthorized biography of Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: There’s a big wedding Saturday. Something about a prince marrying an American
- EXCLUSIVE WEDDING DETAILS: Misha Nonoo sat Gayle King at the head table and was serenaded by groom Mikey Hess and Paul McCartney amid whispers the Friday nuptials were to accommodate Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
- Misha Nonoo's VIP guests included Hollywood A-listers, Ivanka Trump and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle... so how did ex-Surrey schoolgirl Misha Nonoo pull off such a crazily OTT wedding?
- Here's how much it costs Kate Middleton and Prince William to raise three royal children
- Here are some of the members of the public attending the royal wedding
- Moment mystery man sneaks into Misha Nonoo's wedding to Mikey Hess, disguised in a hat and sunglasses while hiding his face from the crowd with umbrella
The winners and losers of Megxit: One year on from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell announcement, how the Duke's old school pals and the Queen have lost out while Oprah and even Joe Biden have gained have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.