A Spanish tennis player who was plunged into hard hotel quarantine ahead of the Australian Open has tested positive to Covid-19. Paula Badosa, the world No.67, announced on Twitter that she is the latest person associated with the Grand Slam to test positive to coronavirus. The 23-year-old had previously complained about the tough restrictions on players, brought in after others tested positive on three charter flights to Melbourne. Now the star said she is ‘feeling unwell’ and suffering ‘some symptoms’ of the virus. ‘I have some bad news,’ Badosa wrote overnight. ‘Today I received a positive Covid-19 test result. Spanish tennis player Paula Badosa (pictured) announced on Twitter she has tested positive to coronavirus Badosa is seen in action during her fourth round match against Germany’s Laura Siegemund at the French Open in October 2020 ‘I’m feeling unwell and have some symptoms, but I’ll try to recover as soon as possible listening to the doctors.’ The star said she has been taken to a health hotel where she will be monitored. ‘Thanks for your support. We’ll be back stronger,’ she said. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ‘You’re not welcome here mate’: Fed-up Australians fire back… Aussie tennis star ROASTS hotel quarantine whingers…… Read full this story
- Australian Open 2019: Serena Williams Crashes Out After Losing To Karolina Pliskova
- EXCLUSIVE: Australian Ashes cricket star Nathan Lyon passionately kisses glamorous blonde he has been secretly dating for a YEAR - leaving the mother of his two children 'devastated'
- Maria Sharapova’s doping ban cut from 2 years to 15 months
- Maria Sharapova denies receiving five warnings on meldonium use
- The Gonzo Way of Branding
- North Korea and technology: a look inside the most reclusive...
- Inside LAX's New Anti-Terrorism Intelligence Unit
- Paradise, Privilege and the Mysterious Death of Kenny Mitchell
- North Korea and technology: a look inside the most reclusive country in the world
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
Tennis star who whinged about quarantine tests POSITIVE to coronavirus while in hotel lockdown for the Australian Open - after infected players flew in from abroad have 307 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.