Parts of the country could see two months’ worth of average rainfall in just two-and-a-half days as Storm Christoph batters Britain and the army remains on standby. As of 1.45pm, the environment agency has issued 62 flood warnings and 184 flood alerts today in England – see full list below. There are 52 flood alerts and 23 flood warnings in Wales, and 2 flood alerts in Scotland. Weather warnings for heavy rain are in force across the country, and the unsettled conditions could also bring significant flooding, high winds and snowfall as the storm engulfs the country through the middle of the week. Almost the whole of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland are subject to yellow weather warnings for rain until midday on Thursday, with a more serious amber warning stretching from the East Midlands to the Lake District. The amber alert warns of the risk of flooding and deep floodwaters which could pose a risk to life, and there are further yellow warnings for snow and ice in Scotland. Storm Christoph has caused concern for people living in areas devastated by the floods at the end of 2019, who say they are preparing for the worst to happen again…. Read full this story
- UK flood warnings today: More than 40 alerts for midlands and northern England
- Hurricane Lorenzo tracker: Where is Storm Lorenzo RIGHT NOW?
- Phoenix monsoon 2017: Flash flood warning issued
- Storm Lorenzo LIVE tracking: Ireland braces for 80mph twister - schools closed latest news
- Nearly a million flee as Hurricane Ike's storm surge pounds Texas coast
- Super Typhoon Megi lashes Philippines; flooding sweeps away bus passengers in Vietnam
- Storm pounds Caribbean
- Thousands kept from homes as West Coast storm rages
- Hurricane Felix makes landfall in Nicaragua as a Category 5 storm; Mexico braces for Henriette
- Hurricane Dean now category 1; hits Mexico again
Storm Christoph tracker: Army on standby with 323 flood alerts - will it hit your area? have 287 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.