RUSSIAN jets launched a blitz of 95 air strikes in 24 hours targeting ISIS jihadis in Syria after an ambush killed regime troops. The Russian Air Force released video footage of guided bombs blowing up what it says are the terrorists’ desert hideouts. The aerial blitz was launched in response to increased activity by suspected ISIS sleeper cells almost two years after the terror group’s Caliphate crumbled. Earlier this week four Assad regime troops were killed and ten wounded when gunmen ambushed their convoy, reports Arabic international newspaper Asharq al-Awsat. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack on the road from Deir Ezzor to Palmyra. Russian-backed Syrian forces began a major operation to secure the strategically vital route and the surrounding area.Troops are said to have identified jihadi hideouts in the desert in Homs province. Fighter-bombers then destroyed the compounds and a number of vehicles said to have been used in attacks. Russian forces “detected and effectively destroyed secret ISIS facilities”, boasted nationalist website Russian Spring. It published aerial video of some of the targets, simple desert buildings, seen under the crosshairs before bright explosions.It added: “Russian Air Forces quickly found and destroyed a number of terrorist hideouts and pickup trucks… Read full this story
- 'We cannot dodge this forever': Cameron says the time has come for Britain to start bombing ISIS in Syria
- Russia and France wreak revenge on ISIS: Putin orders his warships in Med to work with French Navy as jihadists in Syria are pummelled from the air
- British bombing Syria by Christmas: As RAF kills 30 jihadis with a single bomb in Iraq, Cameron prepares to strike 'the head of the ISIS snake'
- How Syria's disinformation wars destroyed the co-founder of the White Helmets
- Britain to launch cyberattacks against ISIS to stop them recruiting fanatics and plotting atrocities online
- America on edge: Two U.S. flights to Paris diverted by bomb threats; Muslims ejected from Baltimore plane for 'watching the news'; bomb scare at a Disney resort and O'Hare airport, and a racist 'firebomber' targets mosque
- Charles de Gaulle heads to war: France sends its biggest warship to the Middle East after it pummels ISIS’s Raqqa stronghold in joint bombing campaign with Russia
- The US Is Far More Deeply Involved In Syria Than You Know
- Rebecca Grant: Cyberattacks against US will intensify — Biden must bolster ability to defend and strike back
- Were the Paris killers on DRUGS? Footage from inside hotel room where they plotted mass murder shows SYRINGES lying among empty pizza boxes and chocolate
Russian jets wipe out ISIS hideouts in Syria with 95 air strikes in 24-hour bombing blitz have 411 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.