Building firms linked to fire-risk tower blocks where thousands fear for their safety are STILL on a Government list of VIP developers and constructors. The housing giants have priority access to prime public land while owners in flats they built fear huge repair bills in the wake of Grenfell. A Sunday Mirror probe found 16 firms on the preferred partners list for Homes England – the Government’s housing agency – previously built flats where safety issues have now been flagged. All flats over 11 metres are being re-inspected. Of 417 high-rises with Grenfell-style ACM cladding, work is still to be completed on 165. Another 3,000 high-rise buildings have other cladding that needs to be fixed and there are issues around flammable insulation, missing fire breaks and timber balconies. And thousands of unsafe buildings under 11 metres are excluded. Nationally, around 1.3 million owners find themselves unable to sell or remortgage after their flats were identified as at risk. And as they cannot move up the housing ladder, that poses a major crisis for the wider property market. Have you been affected by the cladding scandal? Call 0800 289 441 or email [email protected] Under leasehold laws, hundreds of thousands of flat owners… Read full this story
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on December 9, 2018
- Swindlers terrorising 10,000 UK residents a day with prison threats
- Martin Lewis says how to get money back on your energy bill if you're overpaying
- NCH Healthcare System is facing physician departures in radiology. NCH says not so.
- Chilling moment ex police chief comes face to face with gang members
- The Most Powerful Nonprofit and Public Affairs PR Firms of 2018
- Taibbi: On Russiagate and Our Refusal to Face Why Trump Won
- Beto: Earth doomed, we face 'hundreds of millions' of climate refugees
- Investing guru Peter Lynch lists Scottsdale home for $14 million
- Become One of Our VIPs
Residents' anger as cladding firms still on VIP list while they face huge bills have 292 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.