THE head of the Republican National Committee said the party will not encourage Donald Trump to run for president again in 2024. Chairman Ronna McDaniel said the party must remain “neutral,” when considering Trump in comparison to other GOP candidates that may emerge. “The party has to stay neutral,” McDaniel told the Associated Press. “I’m not telling anybody to run or not to run in 2024. “That’s going to be up to those candidates going forward. What I really do want to see him do, though, is help us win back majorities in 2022.” McDaniel said that the focus of the party should be sticking together and working to gain some Congressional power back after Republicans lost the Senate, the House and the White House in the 2020 election. She also condemned the pro-Trump conspiracy theory movement, QAnon, as “dangerous,” even though Trump himself refused to condemn the group.”I think it’s really important after what’s just happened in our country that we have some self reflection on the violence that’s continuing to erupt in our country,” McDaniel said. “I think QAnon is beyond fringe. I think it’s dangerous.” McDaniel’s comments come after years of remaining loyal to Trump, and as… Read full this story
- Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign and WikiLeaks alleging 2016 campaign conspiracy
- Democratic party sues Russia, Trump campaign, alleges conspiracy to influence election
- US Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- Hillary Clinton, not on ballot, is the star of Republican Party midterm plan
- Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign and Wikileaks over election meddling
- Democratic party sues Russia, Trump campaign, alleging conspiracy to sway election
- Tommy Battle runs for governor saying he'll sell Alabama as 'a smart place'
- In Maiden Assembly Address, President Barrow Says Pursuit of Justice, Free Press, Openness, Democracy, High Priority
- The Democrats' Foolproof New Plan to Take Down Trump: Definitely DON'T Say the Word 'Impeach'
- RNC commits $250 million to maintain control of House
Republican Party will stay NEUTRAL if Trump runs for president again in 2024, says key ally RNC chair Ronna McDaniel have 319 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.