Joe Biden has warned that the fight to bring coronavirus under control in the US is a “wartime undertaking” – devoting much of his first full day in office to tackling the pandemic.The new president signed 10 executive orders on Thursday that are designed to ramp up testing, tackle vaccine shortages, and increase mask wearing nationwide.More than 406,000 people have died as a result of COVID-19 in the US, and more than 24.5 million cases have been confirmed – with 4,367 fatalities confirmed in the past 24 hours.Mr Biden has described the rollout of vaccines in the US as a “dismal failure so far”, and vowed to expand vaccine manufacturing in the coming weeks.He also made a personal plea to the American people – telling them that experts believe more than 50,000 lives could be saved if the public wear masks for the next 99 days. Advertisement In other developments on Thursday: Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Dr Fauci: It was ‘uncomfortable’ working for Trump Mr Biden has pledged to provide 100 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine during his first 100 days in office – and intends to open up eligibility to new groups… Read full this story
- Controversial Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer backs Joe Biden on alleged sex assault saying ‘not every claim is equal’
- Joe Biden Denies Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegation Live On MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’
- Here’s What Women’s Rights Organizations Are Saying About Joe Biden and Tara Reade
- Joe Biden slams big corporations as 'greedy as hell' for taking federal stimulus money and says next coronavirus relief package should be 'hell of a lot bigger' than $2trillion
- Joe Biden Breaks Silence on Tara Reade's Sexual Assault Allegation, Says It 'Never Happened'
- Nancy Pelosi Endorses Joe Biden: ‘The Personification of Integrity’
- Joe Biden breaks silence to deny Tara Reade sex assault allegations and says claims made by ex-staffer ‘aren’t true’
- Trump shares 'deep fake' GIF of Joe Biden sticking his tongue out in series of late-night Twitter posts after his briefing was cut short - even retweeting HIMSELF three times
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Basement Presidential Campaign Earning Voter Approval, 44% to Trump’s 38%
- Stacey Abrams, Other Democrats Mimic Joe Biden Campaign Talking Points on Accuser Tara Reade
President Joe Biden urges Americans to wear masks - and says it could save 50,000 lives have 368 words, post on news.sky.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.