MEGHAN Markle’s dad claims her “heartfelt” letter actually “shut” him out and ended their relationship. The Duchess of Sussex, 39, is said to have felt forced to write a “painful” letter to her dad after they reached “breaking point”. ⚠️ Read our Meghan Markle and Prince Harry live blog for the latest news on the Royal couple She is suing the Mail on Sunday for privacy copyright and data protection over five articles published in February 2019. This includes extracts from the handwritten letter she sent to her dad Thomas Markle, 76, in August 2018. Her lawyer Justin Rushbrooke QC today described the 1,250-word letter as “a heartfelt plea from an anguished daughter to her father”.But in a sensational witness statement, Thomas Markle claimed the letter was a “criticism” of him. And he said it actually “signalled the end of our relationship” – rather than be the “reconciliation” letter pals claimed it was. He referred to an article five anonymous friends gave to People magazine in which the letter was mentioned. Thomas Markle slammed the magazine for suggesting he was “to blame for the end of the relationship” as he had “ignored her”.He added: “That was false. I had repeatedly tried… Read full this story
- Meghan Markle’s Day in Court May Not Be Over
- Meghan Markle braced for fresh damaging revelations about her family rift as her half-sibling Samantha finally releases her tell-all book 'Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister' and promises readers: 'The truth is stranger than fiction'
- How Meghan Markle's Father Revealed Royal Romance to Her Sister: 'She's Dating a Prince'
- Meghan Markle Accused of 'Confusing and Tortuous' Account in Lawsuit
- Meghan Markle's Sister 'Nearly Choked' Over Exposé of Father Thomas Markle
- Meghan Markle's sister releases tell-about book saying 'truth is stranger than fiction'
- Meghan Markle's sister slams royals for not postponing wedding - despite massive cost
- 'I wish Harry luck, he's gonna need it!' Trump's jab at Prince as he says he is 'not a fan of' Meghan Markle after the pair 'told Americans to vote president out'
- Meghan Markle 'will stay home while Prince Harry visits the UK' to see his family for the first time since Megxit - but insiders say it's not a snub and will avoid a diplomatic drama
- Meghan Markle’s Sister Admits She Helped Stage Photographs of Their Dad
Meghan Markle’s dad says letter ‘shut me out and ended relationship’ after ‘I tried everything to get her to talk to me’ have 377 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.