Massachusetts is set to ban the sale of new vehicles powered by gasoline and other fossil fuels by 2035. The news marks it the second US state to make the announcement – California revealed similar plans last September. The move does not ban the public from owning gas-powered cars or selling them on the used car market, but puts an end to new models being sold. The mandate is a result of Massachusetts officials aiming to achieve net-zero greenhouse emissions by 2050. Scroll down for video Massachusetts is set to ban the sale of new vehicles powered by gasoline and other fossil fuels by 2035. The news marks it the second US state to make the announcement – California revealed similar plans last September (pictured is a busy highway in Boston) Massachusetts governor, Charlie Baker, released a 2050 decarbonization road map that outlines the state’s plan to reach zero-emissions – and much of it will be done by reducing gas-powered passenger vehicles. The document states that about 27 percent of statewide emissions stem from light-duty vehicles and need to be phased out by 2050. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Honda unveils a ‘car mask’ which fits over air filters and…… Read full this story
- Is hydrogen the solution to net-zero home heating?
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Achieves 5.5Lakh BS6 Units Sales: New Milestone Crossed
- The promising growth of low- and zero-emission vehicles
- Maersk sets net zero Co2 emission by 2050
- Detroit's near future based on SUVs, not EVs, production plans show
- Electric cars ARE better for the climate than petrol vehicles in 95 per cent of the world - despite claims they could increase carbon emissions
- Johnson sets out his climate crisis vision as Cameron turns down talks role
- The Most Powerful Next-Generation BMW 7 Series Will Be Electric
- Electric cars produce less CO2 than petrol vehicles, study confirms
- Electric vehicle push struggles to accelerate in Pakistan
Massachusetts is set to ban the sale of new gas-powered vehicles by 2035 as part of its plan to reach net-zero emissions by 2050 have 298 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.