Legal experts say President Donald Trump broke Georgia law when he pressured Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to ‘find’ enough votes to overturn Joe Biden’s election victory in the state in a leaked phone call. Audio of the hour-long Saturday phone call was published Sunday by the Washington Post, capturing Trump berating Raffensperger and Gov Brian Kemp to do anything they could to change the outcome of the Georgia election. He told the Republican officials: ‘So look. All I want to do is this – I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state. There’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.’ Several legal experts have come forward to argue that Trump’s plea constituted a violation of Georgia’s law for criminal solicitation of election fraud. ‘The president asked, in no uncertain terms, the secretary of state to invent votes, to create votes that were not there,’ Anthony Michael Kreis, a professor at the Georgia State University College of Law, told Politico. ‘Not only did he ask for that in terms of just overturning the specific margin that Joe Biden won by, but then said we needed one additional vote to… Read full this story
- Your Guide to Trump's Very White, Very Rich, Very Frightening Cabinet
- The Real Conservative Bubble: Why Are Republicans So Obsessed With Gum?
- An undecided voter on President Obama's convention
- Ukrainian Oligarch Seethed About ‘Overlord’ Biden for Years
- Let's Look At the Truly Terrifying Presidential Order of Succession
- Can Pope Francis clean up God’s bank?
- The Leaders We Don't Know: How Constituents Did the Work at Town Halls Across the Country
- How CISPA would affect you (faq)
- Sail (Far) Away: At Sea with America's Largest Floating Gathering of Conspiracy Theorists
- Surveilling the New Year: The NSA story moves into 2014
Legal experts say Trump broke law by pressuring Georgia's Republican Secretary of State to 'recalculate' and 'find' 11,780 votes: President goes on a Twitter spree against Dems but IGNORES leaked phone call scandal have 303 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.