With the world watching on as Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were sworn into office Wednesday, it was the new Vice President’s nephew-in-law who captured the attention of social media after he was seen descending the Capitol steps in an incredibly expensive pair of sneakers. Nikolas Ajagu, the partner of Harris’ niece Meena, was spotted by eagle-eyed viewers sporting a pair of Dior Air Jordan 1 sneakers during the 59th presidential inauguration this morning. Only 8,500 pairs of the shoes were made as part of a collaboration between Dior and Jordan last year, which all sold out immediately at their retail price of $2,200. They now sell for up to as much as $10,000 on re-sale sites. Sneaker fanatics first sighted the ultra-rare kicks while Sen. Amy Klobuchar was delivering a speech moments before Biden was administered the oath of office. The discovery prompted an online investigation to identify the culprit behind the daring fashion statement, in addition to inspiring a host of memes and amusing pieces of commentary along the way. ‘Had no idea the Department of Drip fell under the Executive Branch,’ one observer mused. Others called Ajagu, whose in his late 30s and works as head of global… Read full this story
- Live updates: It’s Inauguration Day for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Kamala Harris' Nephew-In-Law Wears Dior Air Jordan 1s To Inauguration
- President Joe Biden watches inauguration fireworks from Truman Balcony with Jill and the family after Lincoln Memorial speech urging Americans to 'meet the moment' and 'unify'
- QAnon Shaman is supported by his mother in court as he's denied release after pushing conspiracy that Mike Pence 'is a child-trafficking traitor' and leaving a note for the VP saying 'it's only a matter of time, justice is coming'
- Your guide to Biden's big day: Complete UK schedule for US President-elect being sworn into office from the inauguration ceremony to stepping foot in the White House... all the key times so you don't miss a second
- The Audacity of ‘Dreams’: Biden’s Inauguration Week and the Triumph of American Musical Weirdness
- Moment MAGA rioter throws fire extinguisher at back of Capitol cops's head - the same weapon used to kill officer Brian Sicknick
- Biden's inauguration on Wednesday: Start time, schedule, performances, how to watch
- Biden inauguration on Wednesday: How to watch live, start time, security, celebrity performances
Kamala's nephew-in-law Nikolas steals the show at inauguration by rocking rare $2,200 Dior Jordan 1 sneakers, leaving Twitter asking if he's 'going to be heading up the Department of Drip?' have 380 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.