Ghislaine Maxwell has asked a US judge to dismiss the case accusing her of recruiting teenage girls for Jeffrey Epstein to sexually abuse – because her initial jury was “too white”.She claims they were not enough black and Hispanic jurors on the panel that decided she should stand trial.And she goes on to accuse prosecutors of using both the COVID-19 pandemic and the high-profile publicity surrounding the trial as excuses for moving it from Manhattan – where she believes it should be heard – to White Plains, New York, where blacks and Hispanics were “significantly underrepresented”.Maxwell is not black or Hispanic, but she says she is being deprived of her constitutional right to be indicted by grand jurors drawn from a “fair cross section” of her community.She further claims the indictment against her is “too vague” and should be thrown out. Advertisement British socialite Maxwell, 59, is being held in a Brooklyn jail after being denied bail twice, following her arrest on 2 July last year at her New Hampshire home.She has pleaded not guilty to helping Epstein recruit and groom three girls for sex in Manhattan in the mid-1990s, and to More from Ghislaine Maxwell Ghislaine Maxwell: Jeffrey Epstein’s… Read full this story
- Mistrial Declared In Bill Cosby Trial [Updated]
- Bill Cosby's Insanely Fucked-Up Ideas About Consent And What Sex Is Are Read To Jurors
- As Trial Opens, Bill Cosby's Attorney Says the Only Thing Worse Than Sexual Assault 'Is the False Accusation of Sexual Assault'
- Bill Cosby Claims Racism in Forthcoming Criminal Case
- Ex-DA Bruce Castor Is All But Officially On The Bill Cosby Defense Team Now
- Oracle, Google trial: Page vs. Ellison on the stand
- Dylann Roof Changes His Mind About Representing Himself During Trial
- Apple, Samsung settlement talks fail: Next stop, trial
- Google's Page goes on defensive against Oracle lawyers at trial
- Judge denies Oracle's motion to throw out Google's fair use claim
Jurors who sent Ghislaine Maxwell to trial were 'too white', claims legal team have 311 words, post on news.sky.com at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.