Kindly Share This Story:FG moves to establish fire stations in 109 Senatorial Districts, audit oil tank farms To deploy Police, NSCDC around fire scenes By Omeiza Ajayi – Abuja The Federal Fire Service FFS has disclosed how it saved 1,453 lives in 2020, and property worth N1.35 trillion, adding that it responded to 3, 555 fire calls while the country lost property worth N32.12 billion. While public or government buildings recorded 543 incidents, private dwellings recorded 1,382 fire incidents. Also affected were educational establishments, shops, hotels, event centres, and others. According to the Service, 574 fire incidents were caused by faulty electrical equipment, 246 by power surges, 51 by candles, 181 by cigarette stubs and bush fires, 404 by accident and arson as well as several other causes. Also, as part of renewed efforts to reduce fire incidents in the country, the Federal Government has concluded plans to establish fire stations across the nation’s 109 Senatorial Districts. READ ALSO: Militants invade Akwa Ibom community, kill five, injure seven others This was as it disclosed that it has established “a technical group to assess Oil Tank Farm Safety and Management” in Nigeria with a view to mitigating disasters arising from oil tank… Read full this story
- Inside the world of vapers, the subculture that might save smokers’ lives
- Still Time to Save on ISC 2015 Registration — Early-bird Rates Expire on June 10
- ANALYSIS Saving Lives Is the Best Return on Investment
- Facebook Lets Ordinary People Try Out Live Video
- Check out the ‘ambulance drone’ that could one day save your life
- OPINION Bring On the New Apple TV - Streaming Service or Not
- Steam Trading is Live, Send Me Things Please
- Can Former Amazon Fire TV Exec Save Apple TV From Itself?
- Bavaria's Silicon Valley: T-Systems and Intel Join in Research at DataCenter 2020
- IBM X-Force Red Launches New Services for Automotive Industry and IoT
How Fire Service saved 1,453 lives, N1.35tr in 2020 — CGF have 293 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.