This is the horrifying moment a teenager smashed her mother’s car into her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend in an ‘uncontrollable rage’.
Lydia Baya, 18, had ploughed into her 19-year-old former partner and the 16-year-old girl on Pershore Road in Selly Park, south-west Birmingham.
After running the pair down in a ‘deliberate act of reckless driving’, Baya crashed the black Renault Captur into a bus stop – injuring two more pedestrians.
CCTV footage filmed from an approaching bus captured the vehicle as it came to rest on the pavement, where Baya left it as she walked away.
Baya, of Dudley, West Midlands, was jailed on Wednesday for more than three years.
Lydia Baya (pictured above), 18, had ploughed into her 19-year-old former partner and the 16-year-old girl on Pershore Road in Selly Park, south-west Birmingham
Baya seen driving along the road in her mother’s black Renault Captur in the CCTV footage, which was filmed from an approaching bus, taken on August 14 in Birmingham last year
Passengers from the bus and other members of the public rushed to the aid of the victims who were all treated in hospital.
The road remained closed for several hours near to the BP garage while emergency services attended the scene just after 1pm on August 14 last year.
A 58-year-old woman suffered a shattered pelvis and has been left in fear of going outside her home, police have revealed.
A second woman, aged 45, received cuts and bruises, as did the ex-boyfriend and the girl. All three have recovered from their minor injuries.
Baya was arrested a short distance away on suspicion of attempted murder.
She pleaded guilty to two counts of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and one count of causing serious injury by dangerous driving at Wolverhampton Crown Court on November 17.
Baya pictured driving towards her ex-boyfriend, 19, and his 16-year-old girlfriend (circled, left), before ploughing into them and leaving her car, walking away from the scene (right)
Emergency services pictured at the scene of the incident on Pershore Road in Selly Park last year. Baya was arrested a short distance away and jailed for over three years on Wednesday
Baya was jailed for three and a half years for attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and two and a half years, to run concurrently, for causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
She will be banned from driving for 12 months on her release and will be required to take an extended test before being allowed behind the wheel again.
The court heard she had driven at her ex-boyfriend and the girl he was with after earlier rowing with him.
DC Andy Jones, from the force’s Public Protection Unit, said: ‘The consequences of Baya’s uncontrollable rage that day was catastrophic.
‘It is by pure chance that the victims’ injuries were not more serious or even fatal.’
- EXCLUSIVE: Landlord and 16-year-old henchman allegedly caught on camera tying up, stomping on and choking Brooklyn tenant who refused to pay extra rent for electricity after installing his own AC unit
- Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe, 73, 'dumps his 28-year-old American cheerleader girlfriend' and tells her to 'move on with someone younger'
- EXCLUSIVE: 33-year-old pervert who kept anorexic and autistic 16-year-old as his sex slave savors his freedom after walking free in sweetheart deal - as ex-girlfriend tells DailyMailTV he would kidnap a pre-teen if he could
- TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou and ex James Lock have explosive row during filming... after he was pictured kissing his 'new girlfriend' Ellie Mackenzie
- 'They are going to fix you, be calm': Father of Harry Dunn reveals his last words to his dying 19-year-old son after fireball bike smash 'caused by US diplomat's wife'
- EXCLUSIVE: 'She tried to kill us!' Indiana mother who adopted 6-year-old Ukrainian girl with dwarfism has been charged with abandonment but claims her 'daughter' was found to be a 22-year old 'sociopath' masquerading as a child
- EXCLUSIVE: Ghislaine Maxwell's respectable new life: Jeffrey Epstein's long-time consort and the alleged procurer of his underage victims has been living with 43-year-old tech CEO at his secluded $3M oceanfront mansion outside of Boston
- Harry Dunn's parents say they will only meet US wife accused of killing the 19-year-old in a crash IF she promises to surrender and return to Britain
- How an 11-year-old came to swim the Channel
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Suitcase killer' Heather Mack who murdered her mom could be released from Bali prison next year - but will NOT return to the U.S. with her four-year-old daughter because it's safer there than in hometown Chicago
Horrifying moment teenager, 18, smashed her mother's car into her ex and his 16-year-old new girlfriend in 'uncontrollable rage' – as she is jailed for more than three years have 769 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.