PLANO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – He’s battled raging fires and overseen daring rescues. But nothing prepared Sam Greif for what he went through over the last 16 days in a Plano hospital. Chief Greif was discharged from Medical City Plano on Monday, Jan. 18, thanks for the lifesaving work of doctors and nurses. The staff at Medical City Plano and Plano firefighters lined up to celebrate Sam Greif as he was wheeled out. Doctors said Greif’s survival was in serious question when he checked in more than two weeks ago. “His case was potentially life-threatening he ended up with pretty decent pneumonia,” said Dr. Brandon Meek. Chief Greif had tears in his eyes as he embraced his wife for the first time in 16 days and left the hospital to cheers that meant everything to him. “I don’t have words right now,” Greif said. “I want to say I love everybody. Thanks you for giving me my health and sending me home to my wife.” Plano Fire Chief Sam Greif discharged from hospital. (J.D. Miles – CBS 11) The 57-year-old’s wife, Rosemary, would hold up signs outside her husband’s hospital room during the days he struggled just to breathe. Monday, she… Read full this story
- Chiefs agreeing to home game in London is slap in the face to most loyal fans
- Has fantasy football gotten harder?
- Week 16 rundown
- Fifty years later, Kansas City Chiefs teammates remember Mack Lee Hill
- ‘This is my Final Four’: The time a No. 16 seed beat a No. 1
- Chiefs chase different result in rematch with Indy
- Kyle Busch’s 2015 ranged from a hospital bed to a championship trophy
- CFB AM: Oklahoma players go all out to make child in hospital smile
- Another day in paradise: Living the dream with Tommy Snow on the indie wrestling circuit
- One & Done: Ed Podolak’s Christmas marathon game for the 1971 Kansas City Chiefs
‘Harder Than Anything I’ve Ever Been Through’: Plano Fire Chief Sam Greif Goes Home After 16 Days In Hospital With COVID-19 have 308 words, post on dfw.cbslocal.com at January 18, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.