Authorities in Cau Giay District, Hanoi have cordoned off and fumigated a small alley on Nguyen Khanh Toan Street after a new case of COVID-19 infection was identified in the neighborhood.
The alley was officially sealed late Thursday night, according to Trinh Thi Dung, deputy chairman of Cau Giay District People’s Committee.
As per an earlier report from the Hanoi Department of Health, L.A.T., a 20-year-old from the northern province of Hai Duong, who currently lives in a dorm on Nguyen Khanh Toan, tested positive for COVID-19 on Thursday at Bach Mai Hospital after experiencing a cough, fever, and sore throat a day before.
T. is currently in isolation and being treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in the capital.
He is also the first case of COVID-19 transmission recorded in Hanoi since the last emergence there back in August 2020.
Upon being notified of T.’s case, authorities immediately conducted epidemiological investigation, during which they identified close contacts of the infected and obtained their samples for testing.
“The residential area was blocked off during the night,” Dung said.
“Alley 92 of Nguyen Khanh Toan Street was barricaded.
“Officials have detected more than 30 residents in the locale who came into close contact with T.
“The neighborhood will be sealed off completely until the outbreak under control.”
An epidemiological investigation revealed that T. is the direct source of transmission for a number of COVD-19 cases in Hai Phong, a coastal city 120km east of Hanoi, according to Truong Quang Viet, deputy director of the Hanoi Center for Disease Control.
Vietnam has documented 1,651 coronavirus patients as of Friday morning, with 1,430 recoveries and 35 virus-related deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
A cluster of at least 73 COVID-19 infections was detected in Hai Duong Province on Thursday morning.
Social distancing was reinstated in the province from noon the same day.
The country had spent nearly two months detecting no local transmission before the new clusters were uncovered.
- Controversial plans to carry out fracking tests in north east Derbyshire village rejected
- Interview: Craig Chalmers on his rivalry with Gregor Townsend
- No bird flu prevention zone in Scotland
- Resilient: Virus claims another life in Peshawar
- WEST POINT: Construction on £1.8m Superbowl complex to commence
- One-man protester makes his stand against 'unfair' three-storey housing development in Bagillt
- Picture Past: March 15, 1968 – Weston reaches saturation point for amusement arcades
- “This council should not be propping up West Berkshire Council"
- The best supermarket prosecco for Christmas and New Year
- The anti-fracking campaigners willing to risk a criminal record to stop the industry
- Nostalgia: Graham Taylor tells of dash to hospital in December 1998
- The ex-Pompey chairman seeking to inspire another rebirth
- 'Simpler, cheaper and more local': Council leader reacts as 'super authority' given green light
- Ten talking-points that defined the 2018 Cheltenham Festival
- Grenfell Tower fire death toll – how many victims died and what happened to the survivors?
- Grenfell Tower fire victims – how many people died in the blaze and what is the final death count?
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
Hanoi fences off alley after resident tests positive for COVID-19 have 565 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 29, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.