Workout in the park: Series of exercises to do outside
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Krissy Cela, 26, has shared fitness tips as a social media star, author and founder of the Tone & Sculpt fitness app. She revealed the best exercises to do at home which require no equipment.
Eating well and moving regularly is important for a healthy body and mind.
When adding exercise into your lifestyle, Krissy suggested finding a plan you enjoy will make it easier to stick to.
She stated: “Know that fitness is for life. It's not a novelty or something that should punish you.
“Exercise should be something you look forward to; it fits into your routine and you should feel amazing after a workout.
Fitness: Krissy Cela shared five exercises to do at home (Image: GETTY/Octopus/Krissy Cela)
Fitness: The workouts can be done quickly and with minimal equipment (Image: Octopus/Krissy Cela)
Fitness: Squats and squat jumps can be done at home (Image: GETTY)
“It takes time and what you should focus on is building it into your routine and making your workouts a habit. You will love the way it makes you feel!”
With gyms closed across the country, Britons are limited on what workouts they can do.
The fitness expert has shared five moves which can get people moving no matter how much time or equipment they have.
The quick workout can be done in as little as five minutes, the fitness guru explained.
She continued: “A circuit for a time that works for you, five, 10 or 15 minutes is perfect! We have plenty of home workouts on the Tone & Sculpt app too and a guide that would be perfect for quick home workouts is the Sculpt It guide.
“Set a timer, complete 10 to 15 reps of each exercise and feel amazing for the rest of your day – perfect to fit into your routine! Schedule it into your calendar and you'll not miss it.”
Top five at-home exercises
She explained: “[Start with your] core engaged, feet hip distance apart and toes pointing forward.
“Keep your back straight and squat down and back as if you are sitting on a chair. Squat as low as you can or until your hips are in line with your knees and keep the weight in your heels.
“Pause at the bottom before driving back up. You can hold a dumbbell or water bottle in your hands to add some resistance.”
Fitness: Russian twists can be done with or without weights (Image: GETTY)
Prepare the squat jump in the same way as a regular squat, Krissy stated.
The fitness powerhouse continued: “Pause at the bottom and as you come up jump up explosively, straightening your legs before returning straight into the squat position.”
“Stand up straight and then take your hands straight down and crouch in a frog position.,” Krissy added.
“Jump your feet back into a plank position keeping your core engaged and back straight. Jump straight back into the frog position and then straight up. Repeat this movement continuously.”
She said: “Place your hands directly underneath your shoulders on the floor and step back into a plank position, with your feet hip distance apart, and back completely straight (this can be done on your knees too).
Fitness: Some exercises can be done quickly (Image: Octopus/Krissy Cela)
“Core engaged, push down towards the ground, bending your elbows and keeping your body in a straight line. Push back up through your hands and core in a straight line.”
“Sit on the floor, bending your knees and balancing on your heels (you can lift your feet up if you can balance),” Krissy explained.
“Lean back to a 45-degree angle, core engaged, back straight, until you feel tension in your core.
“Take your hands from left to right, twisting your abdomen, aiming to touch the floor. You can hold a dumbbell or some resistance, like a water bottle, if you have this at home.”
The workout plan can be done at home during the lockdown.
Krissy has shared more motivation tips to build mental and physical strength in her debut book Do This For You: How To Be A Strong Woman From The Inside Out.
The book is published by Aster, £16.99 for hardback and available on Amazon now.
- Whether you’re 5 or 95, these are the best exercises to keep you fit for life, according to a celebrity fitness trainer
- PERRY BUCHANAN: Mistakes an inevitable part of fitness success
- FITNESS OVER 50: For health’s sake, put down the phone!
- Fitness center built with moms – and their kids – in mind
- The best Bluetooth heart rate monitors you can buy
- 5 Tips on Being a Disruptor in the Fitness Industry
- 8 reasons you’re just not losing weight: Best of Molly Kimball
- LifeStart Managing New Fitness Center at 10 S LaSalle
- New York's top nursing homes less likely to admit poor
- Exercising at night will give you better results: study
- 5 fitness myths you need to stop buying into
- How I stay skinny eating Chipotle every day
- How to Kick Start Your Career in the Fitness Industry
- Aging gracefully: Working to stay fit and healthy never gets old
- Indiana ministry's gym boosts lives with fitness, counseling
- The Best and Brightest Class of 2019
- Families defrauded by unregulated service dog trainers
- MASTER CLASS: Kneeling raises the core demands of many exercises
- Summer fitness on the Buffalo waterfront – and beyond
- Why Employees Are an Entrepreneur's Best Investment
Fitness: Best five exercises to stay fit at home according to personal trainer have 1066 words, post on www.express.co.uk at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.