Far-right internet troll Tim Gionet, better known as Baked Alaska, was arrested Friday for his role in the deadly insurrection at the US Capitol.Gionet was arrested by the FBI on charges of “knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority” and “violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds,” a criminal complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.Gionet (who briefly worked for BuzzFeed years ago) livestreamed the Jan. 6 attack on Congress on DLive, a streaming platform popular with right-wing extremists, and at one point turned the camera to show his face.“We are in the Capitol Building, 1776 will commence again,” he said on video, the court documents state. Despite participating in the coup attempt — including shouting anti-Semitic and QAnon dogwhistles, and encouraging others to remain in the building — he at one point identified himself as a member of the media to responding police officers and asked them where he should go. He then accused one of the officers of shoving him, though “no shoving can be seen on the video,” the records state.“You’re a fucking oathbreaker you piece of shit,” Gionet then said to an officer.Court documents also state that Gionet said on… Read full this story
- Greek far right furious after North Macedonia deal
- ‘Tommy Robinson has been released – and here’s the powerful international far-right network that’s behind him’
- The fight against coup plotters will go on
- US Sanctions on Turkey to Have 'Far-Reaching Consequences'
- 'West Made Bet With the Devil and They've Gone Too Far With Ukraine'
- How old is Sarah Palin, how many children does she have, who’s her husband Todd and will she run for office again?
- US sanctions further fuel anti-Americanism in Turkey, experts say diplomacy should take charge
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" for June 24, 2018
- US officials to visit Turkey to discuss extradition of Gülen
- Top 11 conspiracy theories – from Nibiru and 9/11 to JFK’s assassination, the Illuminati and the moon landings
Far-Right Troll "Baked Alaska" Has Been Arrested For The Coup Attempt At The Capitol have 325 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.