NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — A Long Island father has an urgent message for parents after his son came down with a rare but serious complication associated with coronavirus. And doctors worry with a spike in COVID-19 cases, we could see more sick kids. The family spoke exclusively with CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis on Thursday from Cohen Children’s Medical Center. MORE: Max Minute: New Studies Shed Light On Worrisome MIS-C Disease Impacting Children Seven-year-old Anderson Pillco has been in a hospital bed since Christmas. His father, Carlos, hasn’t left his side. “I told him that I will be with him because I have to take him back home,” Carlos said. “He’s my heart, is just my heart, and I think every parent will feel the same way for the their children.” Which is why the Hicksville father is sharing his story, to help other parents look out for multi-system inflammatory syndrome — MIS-C — a condition which can cause inflammation in organs. It landed Anderson in Cohen Children’s Medical Center — intubated for several days. “Seeing him in the bed like that, it was tough. It was at one point that I felt that I was losing him,” Carlos said. CORONAVIRUS… Read full this story
- Anna Wintour reveals her doctor son Charlie has coronavirus after helping to fight the illness on the frontlines in a New York ICU - but says he plans to return to work as soon as he is able
- Boris Johnson back on his feet in recovery from COVID-19 but father says PM will be out of action for a while
- Rhode Island boy, 4, weighs nearly twice as much as average kid his age due to rare condition
- Why is Covid-19 killing so many more men than women? Experts investigate how attitudes to health, weight, drinking and our immune systems could be factors
- Dynamo, 37, says his 'tough start in life' is helping him battle through COVID-19 diagnosis as he reveals his symptoms were 'quite severe'
- John Lennon: Long Night’s Journey into Day
- Coleen Rooney is every inch the doting mum as she poses with sons Kai, 10, Klay, 6, Kit, 4, and Cass, 2, for cute Easter snap taken by husband Wayne
- 'Boris almost took one for the team... he can't go straight back to Downing Street': PM's father Stanley warns his son will need time to recover after leaving intensive care
- Coronavirus pushing Australians to the brink, with young families, students, lining up for emergency support
- Viewers say Belsen death camp documentary proves 'we've got it easy' amid COVID-19 crisis as an ex-soldier, 96, admits the horrors still 'haunt him' and the daughter of a survivor breaks down in tears during her first visit
Exclusive: Long Island Father Talks About Young Son’s Bout With Rare COVID-Related Disease MIS-C have 438 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at January 7, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.