The clapboard walls have been painted white and the door is a bright, lacquered red. Sitting on the edge of town, surrounded by virgin snow, Murdock, Minnesota’s Old Lutheran Church is candy-box perfect. But it is not at all as it seems in this small Midwestern town, because the church in its midst is a hub not of seasonal goodwill, but of fear, distrust and alleged white supremacy. On December 9, Murdock City Council granted the Asatru Folk Assembly (AFA) a permit to turn the formerly run-down church it quietly purchased in June, into its ‘hof,’ or gathering place. To the AFA’s 800 or so members, united in ‘kindreds’ across 22 States, the AFA is a religion ‘honoring’ the culture and ethnicity of their Northern European ancestors. To a host of experts in religion and extremism they are a white supremacy hate group – classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center (|SPLC) as this country’s largest example of Neo-Volkisch hate, a right-wing fringe that revived the Anti-Semitic German ‘volkisch’ movement post 1945. On December 9, Murdock City Council granted the Asatru Folk Assembly (AFA) a permit to turn a run-down church it purchased in June into its ‘gathering place’ To… Read full this story
- False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
- A brush with Canada: the art of the Group of Seven
- Will the Confederate Flag Ever Truly Go Away?
- The ruthlessly effective rebranding of Europe’s new far right
- The Whitney Plantation Is The Only Confederate Monument We Should Keep
- 140 years ago, San Francisco was set ablaze during the city's deadliest race riots
- The Airborne Toxic Advent, or
- America’s secret role in the Rwandan genocide
- How Airbnb Kills Our Ideas of Privacy
- 'While Ratan Tata is extremely patriotic, he loves India, and his mind is global'
EXCLUSIVE: Inside the 'whites only' church sowing discord in a small Minnesota town after a 'hate group' quietly purchased and adorned the place of worship with Nazi symbols to 'honor' their Northern European ancestors have 290 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.