At least 18 European companies have either terminated their participation in the Nord Stream 2 pipeline or have pledged to withdraw from the project, over US sanctions threats, according to a US State Department report for Congress. “This shows that the legislative goals and our actions have been successful,” US State Department spokesman Ned Price said. “We continue to monitor companies involved in potentially sanctionable acts.” The State Department submitted a report on the pipeline to Congress on Friday, in a document which has not yet been publicly released. The US has threatened sanctions against several other companies involved in the construction and certification of the roughly 1,200-kilometer (roughly 750-mile) pipeline. Watch video 04:36 Share Germany: Conflicts over Nord Stream 2 reignited Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3p6IA Germany: Conflicts over Nord Stream 2 reignited So far, however, the US has only imposed sanctions on the Russian company KVT-RUS, which owns the Russian pipe-laying vessel “Fortuna,” over the Baltic Sea gas pipeline. US allies should “not be surprised” if the administration takes further action, Price said. Work on the pipeline through the Baltic Sea had resumed in December after being suspended for nearly… Read full this story
- PM Theresa May: U.K. Will Make E.U. Discuss Russia-Germany Gas Pipeline
- Four Months After Trump’s Warning over Russian Gas Dependence, German Lawmakers Urge Merkel to Act
- Trump Considers Sanctions On Russia-Germany Gas Pipeline
- Wells Fargo: Permian oil pipeline constraints may last into 2020
- Trump Wanted to Acknowledge U.S. Forces Killed Russian Mercenaries in Syria; Staff Disagreed
- U.S. Secures 20-year Deal to Supply Natural Gas to Poland
European companies back out of Nord Stream 2: US report have 272 words, post on www.dw.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.