Six books by Dr. Seuss will no longer be published or sold because of racist or insensitive imagery, the company that oversees the late author’s legacy announced on Tuesday. In a statement , Dr. Seuss Enterprises said it had made the decision to discontinue And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street , If I Ran the Zoo , McElligot’s Pool , On Beyond Zebra! , Scrambled Eggs Super! , and The Cat’s Quizzer . “These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” the statement, which was released on the author’s birthday, said. “We are committed to action.” The Associated Press earlier reported on the discontinuation of the Dr. Seuss books. Theodor Seuss Geisel, otherwise known as Dr. Seuss, and his wife Audrey pose with the Cat in the Hat Wildly popular children’s author Born Theodor Seuss Geisel in the US state of Massachusetts in 1904, Dr. Seuss became one of the world’s best loved children’s book authors. His works have been translated into dozens of languages and have sold millions of copies in more than 100 countries. Dr. Seuss died in 1991, but his books still sell well today. According to Dr. Seuss Enterprises, his works earned an estimated $33 million… Read full this story
- International Literature Award honors 6 books
- Library trumps Trump with book suggestions
- ‘Black and Asian people not seen as readers’: Bernardine Evaristo condemns books industry
- Helen Fielding says Bridget Jones books are not anti-feminist
- Constantine Trailer: Easter Eggs and Comic Book References...And A Look at Papa Midnite?
- Fire minor, lapse major at IKDRC
- DR MICHAEL MOSLEY'S battle plan to fight Coronavirus: Being overweight can be a killer if you catch COVID-19 and Britons have piled on the pounds in lockdown... this diet really could save your life
- Trump has asked aides if John Bolton will go to jail for his tell-all White House book as federal prosecutors mull charges for releasing classified information against the former NSC
- COVID, Racism & Bolton's Book: How Pelosi's Anti-Trump Rant May Backfire on Dems on Election Day
- 'Resign or be sacked': Judith Collins' book extract reveals John Key's ultimatum
Dr. Seuss books pulled over depictions of minorities have 344 words, post on www.dw.com at January 2, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.