US President Joe Biden said Donald Trump wrote him a “very generous” letter before leaving the White House – and that he will have a conversation with his predecessor. President Biden confirmed a letter had been left for him at the White House after reports emerged that Trump had penned a note as he departed the building for the final time as the US leader. However the newly inaugurated leader was tight-lipped about the contents of the letter. The 78-year-old said: “The president wrote a very generous letter. “Because it was private, I won’t talk about it until I talk to him. But it was generous.” Trump has not spoken to Mr Biden publicly since they went head-to-head in the election. He has become the first living outgoing President to snub his successor’s inauguration ceremony in more than 150 years. Trump failed to mention his successor’s name in a speech he made at Joint Saint Andrews in Maryland on Wednesday. He also did not call Mr Biden “president” when he gave his well wishes for the incoming administration. The 74-year-old told the crowd: “I think they’ll have great success, they have the foundation to do so.” Trump made his official… Read full this story
- James Comey: James Clapper Briefed Barack Obama on ‘Pee Tape’ Dossier After Donald Trump Election
- Donald Trump and the Golden Age of Subtweeting
- A Wild Night on MSNBC: Why the Latest Presidential Debate Has Donald Trump Shook—and 4 More Observations
- Just How Dangerous Is Donald Trump?
- Trump’s namesake business appealed to Panama’s president for help and warned of consequences if he didn’t
- Bill Gates says he bluntly rejected Trump's offer to be his science adviser as 'not a good use of my time'
- Trump's 'astonishing reversal' on a Chinese tech giant could signal a big shift in the trade battle
- New York's attorney general is making a bold proposal to circumvent Trump's pardon power
- Trump's trade fight is getting blasted by some of the most powerful economic groups in the world
- Rudy Giuliani joins Trump's legal team
Donald Trump left 'generous' letter for Joe Biden in Oval Office before leaving for good have 338 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.