Doctors have issued a warning to ministers and health officials over second doses of coronavirus vaccine. They say patients given their first dose have not received an assurance that all will get a second jab of the same vaccine after 12 weeks and that it is ‘completely unacceptable’ to ignore the need for one. Scientists advising the Government decided that first jabs should be prioritised, to provide protection to greater numbers, and that patients should wait up to 12 weeks for their second dose instead of three. Doctors have warned the government over the proposed 12-week waiting time for the second dose of the vaccine RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ‘I’m 85… and I’ll be 86 by the time I get out of here!’:… Has Britain got its Pfizer vaccine strategy WRONG? Israel’s… Share this article Share The Doctors’ Association UK, which represents front-line doctors, said a key concern is ‘the lack of assurance that all patients will receive a second dose at 12 weeks, the same type [of vaccine] as the first’. They added: ‘We must be clear that it is completely unacceptable to ignore the need for a second vaccination. ‘All studies confirm the need for this to… Read full this story
- Vaccine delivery delays blamed as just half of elderly get flu jabs in Northern Ireland
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the signs & symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
- The 13 childhood vaccinations you need to know about
- These are the 13 vaccinations available for your child
- Mum who tragically lost daughter to measles urges parents to vaccinate children
- Thousands did not receive full HPV vaccine
- Outbreak: Measles Public Emergency Declared in US Anti-Vaccine ‘Hotspot’
- Rare strain of meningitis on rise but current vaccines fail to give immunity
- Flu cases jump by a THIRD in a week – as 26 lives lost to bug and hundreds end up in intensive care
- Could there be a second EU referendum, how could another Brexit vote happen and what is Labour’s official position?
Doctors accuse ministers of botching Covid-19 vaccine strategy as it emerges patients given their first dose have not received an assurance they will all get a second jab after 12 weeks have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.