TRENTON, N.J. (CBS) — New Jersey frontline health care workers are receiving their second round of the Pfizer-BioNtech COVID-19 vaccine. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy tweeted a livestream video of the health care workers being vaccinated Monday morning.
“I now have body armor,” one worker was heard saying.
Frontline health care workers receive second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. WATCH: https://t.co/Igb7ZZAJ0L
— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) January 4, 2021
The second round of COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed 21 days after the first round was given.
New Jersey is currently in Phase 1A of vaccine distribution. The vaccine is available to frontline health care workers who have a direct or indirect risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and residents or staff of long-term care facilities.
Once the Garden State enters Phase 1B the vaccine will be available to frontline essential workers and individuals over 75.
Phase 1C will include other essential workers, adults 65-74 and person aged 16 to 64 with medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
New Jersey will have six COVID-19 vaccine mega sites, Murphy announced last month.
Of those vaccine mega sites, three will be in South Jersey, including at the Moorestown Mall in Burlington County, Rowan College of South Jersey in Gloucester County and the Atlantic City Convention Center.
The governor’s hope is to have them ready to go by mid-January, but its unclear if the doses from the federal government will be supplied at that time.
MORE ON CBSPHILLY.COM
- New coronavirus cases in China fall for second day as death toll passes 2,000
- Novel coronavirus appears to be stabilizing in China amid fears of new outbreak in Japan
- Bernie Sanders WINS New Hampshire primary but squeezes home by tiny margin as Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar surge into second and third - while Joe Biden crashes to FIFTH and three no-hopers drop out
- The coronavirus crisis is raising questions over China's relationship with the World Health Organization
- Novel coronavirus deaths top 2,200 as number of new cases in China rises again
- US Prepares for Second Wave of Flu as Coronavirus Fears Rise
- Anyone who tests negative for the flu but shows symptoms in New York, LA, San Francisco, or Chicago will be screened for coronavirus, CDC announces
- Nearly 78,000 confirmed cases: Live updates on COVID-19
- London luxury tower block that's home to foreign students is disinfected by hazmat suit-clad workers after Chinese woman becomes the UK's 9th victim of virus
- State Department IGNORED health officials’ warnings against flying coronavirus-infected evacuees back to the US alongside healthy Americans as CDC confirms 18 of them now have the virus
- More than 500 new coronavirus cases are detected in PRISONS across China, fuelling fears about the virus's ability to spread - as Iran confirms two more deaths and Israel and Lebanon announce their first cases
- Hand dryers won't kill the coronavirus and nor will UV lamps: World Health Organization debunk 13 of the biggest myths surrounding the outbreak
- China Launches a Crush of Clinical Trials Aimed at Covid-19
- Roundup: WHO global forum on COVID-19 identifies research priorities, actions to take
- Iran's first two coronavirus patients have died: Officials confirm the elderly couple succumbed to the virus in intensive care sending the global death toll to 2,014
- WHO names new coronavirus ‘COVID-19’
- Home quarantine for travelers buys time as new virus spreads
- Coronavirus outbreak: Preventive vaccine ready for pre-clinical trials
- China's Hubei Province reports 139 new coronavirus deaths on February 14
- Two COVID-19 cases in Vinh Phuc show negative results for second time
COVID In New Jersey: Frontline Health Care Workers Receive Second Round Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine have 607 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.