The UK has reported another 1,239 COVID-related deaths and 28,680 new cases of the virus. The latest government figures also reveal that 7.45 million people have now had their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine. COVID-19 cases are down by almost 10,000 on a week ago, with 37,892 reported last Thursday. Slightly fewer virus-related deaths were registered today, down just 51 on a week ago. Today’s figures bring the UK totals to 103,126 deaths since the start of the pandemic and 3,743,734 confirmed cases. Advertisement Live COVID updates from the UK and around the world The government is now nearly halfway to reaching its vaccine target of 15 million first doses by the middle of February. More from Covid-19 COVID-19: Business optimism highest since 2015 thanks to vaccine progress COVID news live – UK latest as minister reassures public over AstraZeneca jab and says he will ‘happily take it in my arm’ COVID-19: Hairdressers reopen in Wales today, as country joins Scotland in returning kids to school Scotland: Boris Johnson accuses SNP of pushing for independence ‘regardless of cost’ COVID-19: UK records lowest number of coronavirus deaths since early October COVID-19: AstraZeneca defends its vaccine after more countries suspend its… Read full this story
- New Death Stranding Gameplay Trailer to Feature "Asylums For The Feeling"
- 'Get to Britain before Brexit': 21 MORE migrants are caught trying to cross Channel in tiny dinghys a day after record 93 made the journey as people smugglers tell them border will close after UK leaves the EU
- Donald Trump is branded a 'disgrace' who 'undermines' the Special Relationship between the UK and the US by furious British politicians after he refuses to send diplomat's wife back to face justice after she killed a teen in a road accident
- Stabbed to death in his uniform: Catholic boys' school pupil, 15, was murdered as he got off bus outside McDonald's in first of two killings in five hours in Lawless London
- Fifa 19 ePremier League sign-ups open – you can sign up to represent your favourite team TODAY
- 900 million people could die if viruses are weaponised by terrorists or rogue governments, chilling new simulation finds
- Death Stranding -- Here Are All the New Details Shared by Hideo Kojima and by the Japanese Cast
- Xbox fan called Ligma has 12-year-old username forcibly changed after Ninja death hoax
- FIFA 19 FUTMAS Promotional Message on Switch Wasn't Intended, EA Confirms
- GDC 2009: New DS Zelda announced, Wii ships 50 million
COVID-19: UK records another 1,239 virus-related deaths and 28,680 new cases have 386 words, post on news.sky.com at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.