Nearly a third of all New York City zip codes are currently reporting a COVID-19 positivity rate that exceeds 10 percent, in a dramatic increase in new cases since the holiday period. As of Saturday, there are 54 out of 177 city zip codes with a rate over 10 percent. In comparison, in the week before Thanksgiving, only 40 zip codes had a positivity rate that was over only four percent. Gov. Andrew Cuomo previously held a four percent positivity rate as the measure by which he would begin to shutdown neighborhoods before the metrics changed to focus on hospitalizations. In a press briefing on Saturday morning, Cuomo revealed that, according to states figures – which differ slightly from those issued by the city – the Big Apple has a positivity rate of 5.71 percent and the state 5.26 percent. Cuomo was speaking from a pop-up vaccination site in public housing apartments in Brooklyn as he urged those eligible to take the COVID-19 vaccine, at the same time criticizing the federal government for not providing enough doses. He said that the failure to supply New York with a larger number of vaccine doses as promised had ‘created anxiety and frustration’ for… Read full this story
- The cities and towns 'next in line for lockdown': Government releases roll call of at-risk areas with high Covid-19 infection rates - with Bradford, Barnsley and Rochdale top of the list behind Leicester
- Covid-19 R rate 'has risen to one or ABOVE in swathes of England', government's own SAGE advisers warn - just hours before Boris Johnson is due to end lockdown and release Britons back to the pub and on overseas breaks as officials announce 137 more deaths
- NYC's positive Covid test rate falls to 1% for the first time since the pandemic began from a high of 71% as the city proceeds with Phase 3 of reopening - but Gov. Cuomo cancels state fair and orders movie theaters and casinos remain closed
- Six Things to Know About the COVID-19 Pandemic Now
- COVID-19 is ravaging America’s vulnerable Latino communities
- Is South Carolina Already on a Second Wave of COVID-19?
- The 34 areas of England where Covid-19 cases have RISEN in the past week - and Yorkshire's Redcar and the leafy town of Wokingham are near the top (so where are the 10 hotspots with the highest infection rates?)
- Governors ignoring Covid-19 surge send a clear message to Black and Latinx communities
- Kwara laments over rising cases of COVID-19
- Is Merthyr Tydfil the UK's new Covid-19 hotspot? Official data shows the Welsh borough now has an infection rate 27% higher than Leicester
COVID-19 positivity rate tops 10 percent in nearly a THIRD of all NYC zip codes as Gov. Cuomo complains about lack of vaccine supply from federal government after fears the state could run out have 416 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.