The Johnson & Johnson vaccine effectively prevents severe coronavirus cases , the United States’ top drug regulator said on Wednesday. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announcement paves the way for an emergency use authorization for the single-shot vaccine, which an independent committee is set to discuss. “The vaccine was effective in preventing COVID-19 using a less restrictive definition of the disease and for more severe disease, including COVID-19 requiring medical intervention, considering all cases starting 14 days after vaccination,” the FDA document said. J&J said last month that its vaccine was 66% effective in preventing COVID-19 moderate to severe infections, including the variants detected in South Africa and Brazil. The one-shot jab could become the third vaccine the FDA approves as the US battles the pandemic that killed more than 500,000 of its residents. Watch video 03:18 COVID-19 death toll: What did the US get so wrong? Europe Germany has approved three at-home virus tests for use as part of Health Minister Jens Spahn’s strategy for mass testing to help the country emerge from its current lockdown. The Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices, Germany’s pharmaceutical regulator, approved the antigen tests, made by Healgen Scientific, Xiamen Boson Biotech… Read full this story
- Ozzie returns as JJ, Marlins face Chicago
- JJ stays ahead of mayhem in win
- Sweep thoughts: Can JJ do it again?
- NFL backs state regulations for youth concussions
- Magic win in OT, prevent Boston sweep
- NASCAR outlines 2013 rules and regulations
- 25MILLION people will be offered the flu jab this winter as ALL children in primary school are included in national scheme for first time amid fears huge outbreak from Australia is on the way to the UK
- CDC: Olympics visitors face measles risk
- 3 Bats Test Positive for Rabies in Lake Co.
- Jeff Gordon: ‘I’m going to ruffle some feathers’
Coronavirus digest: J&J vaccine prevents COVID – US regulator have 298 words, post on www.dw.com at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.