Germany has delivered more than 1 million first-round doses of COVID-19 vaccines, as new infections and deaths continues to increase. Despite the new figure, critics have said that the country’s rollout of the vaccine has been too slow. Health Minister Jens Spahn has said he expects that everyone in Germany will have been offered the vaccine by summer. “Some things could have been done faster,” he said. “Of course, there are hiccups in the biggest vaccination campaign in history.” However, he said, “we will be rewarded for our patience.” Watch video 02:07 Share Germany – disappointing progress Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3nsYd Disappointing progress – Germany’s vaccination strategy Here’s a roundup of the other major developments around the world. Global United Nations chief Antonio Guterres has urged the world to mark the “heart-wrenching milestone” of 2 million deaths from COVID-19 by acting with far greater solidarity to ensure that vaccines are available and affordable in all countries. The secretary-general said in a video message posted Friday that governments have a responsibility to protect their people, “but ‘vaccine nationalism’ is self-defeating and will delay a global recovery.” Guterres reminded the world’s wealthiest economies of… Read full this story
- Bharat Biotech’s typhoid vaccine offers 82% protection
- 2.3 million children in India unvaccinated for measles
- Samoa measles crisis: 100 new cases as anti-vaccination activist charged
- Samoa says almost 90% of people vaccinated against measles after deadly outbreak
- How to Get Your Recommended Daily Dose of News via Social Media
- Samoa charges anti-vaxxer with incitement as country battles deadly measles outbreak
- Samoa says measles immunisation rate nears target of 90 per cent
- Bosch partners Yonah to clear healthcare barriers in Papua New Guinea
- Fighting food waste: four stories from around the world
- A deadly disease could travel at jet speed around the world. How do we stop it in time?
Coronavirus digest: Germany reaches 1 million vaccine doses have 307 words, post on www.dw.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.