Brazil registered a record number of deaths for the second consecutive day on Wednesday, with 1,910 fatalities. With a surge in cases pushing health systems to the brink in many areas, Brazil has recorded a total of 259,271 deaths, marking the second-highest death toll in the world, after the United States. “For the first time since the pandemic began, we are seeing a deterioration across the entire country,” public health institute Fiocruz said before the latest figures were published. “The situation is alarming.” Brazil had recorded a record 24-hour tally of deaths on Tuesday, too, at 1,641. Watch video 03:04 Share Virus runs rampant in Brazil Send Facebook Twitter reddit EMail Facebook Messenger Web Whatsapp Web Telegram linkedin Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3py8I Brazil: Politization of pandemic compounds crisis Europe The prevalence of infections in England has dropped since January, but the rate of decline has slowed and cases might be on the rise in some areas, researchers at Imperial College London said. They said the national prevalence was 0.49%, down two-thirds from the 1.57% recorded in January, but added that compared to interim findings for February, estimated prevalence had risen in London and the Southeast, as well as the East and West… Read full this story
- 'Overpriced' Tesla stock drops for a SECOND straight day as analyst says it is in 'bubble territory'
- Coronavirus digest: Germany hits new COVID infection record
- What pandemic? Thousands of sun-seekers head to Rio de Janeiro beaches as Brazil reports record daily coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus digest: Europe faces array of restrictions in run-up to Christmas
- Alarming COVID hotspot map shows majority of US counties are now in serious trouble - as nation records its second deadliest day with 3,400 deaths and Biden says the 'darkest days' are still ahead
- COVID-19 In West Virginia: W. Va. Reports Another Week Of Record Coronavirus Deaths
- Coronavirus digest: France imposes restrictions after record cases
- Coronavirus digest: India virus deaths pass 100,000
- Coronavirus digest: Russia orders arrivals from UK to quarantine
- Coronavirus digest: Italy COVID death toll worst in Europe
Coronavirus digest: Brazil reports second straight day of record deaths have 328 words, post on www.dw.com at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.