Caprice Bourret has revealed her utter devastation after losing her grandmother to complications from Covid-19.
Among the images were also poignant photographs of Caprice’s Nan in her youth and also alongside Caprice and other members of the family.
Beside these happy images, Caprice shared a raw and emotional message.
Caprice penned: "Another sleepless night numb, crying, hurting. It 's raw I still dont believe it when I say it … Covid just took my beautiful, brave Grandma to Heaven , it took her from us forever.”
The model and former Dancing On Ice contestant revealed how strong her bond was with grandmother and how the illness took a hold on her.
She continued: "We were so close. My Grandma and Nana looked after my sis and I after school when we were growing up mom had to work long hours to provide for our family.
“I just don't understand the first day diagnosed with Covid her oxygen levels were compromised , fever, sleeping all the time .. we were worried.
"The next day fever gone , drinking a lot, eating and all vitals stable. Doctor said she was unbelievable he hadn't seen improvements like this so fast . We thought she was on her way to full recovery. Next day Covid took my beautiful Grandma to Heaven.”
Caprice then discussed how difficult the grief has been in the wake of her grandmother’s passing.
"I can't believe this is real,” she penned. “I can't believe she is gone. It happened so fast I couldn't say goodbye… and thank her for all her sacrifices and guidance and endless love. I know she knew this but I needed to tell her again.
"My beautiful GRANDMA was 91 , healthy, strong,a survivor. A force to be reckoned with.”
Caprice then made a plea to her followers for people to take Covid-19 seriously and following government guidelines to protect others from the virus.
She pleaded: “This virus is evil, it took her so fast . I know it is such a tough time for everyone but please take Covid serious… please follow govt guidelines .. [prayer hands emoji]please stay home…. you may be strong enough to fight it but what if you have it and give it to someone who isn't as strong as you like my Grandma.. it is just devastating… just hurts so much … I just think if we work together the faster we can save lives and stop the spread.
"My 7 year old son said something to me last night that was beyond his naive years ..he said mommy we have to take care of our planet and other people, if we don't COVID won't stop.
"It likes how bad some people are, that is why it is here. We need to help G-d because he is doing too much. The most powerful thing is our heart. [heart emoj]”
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)
Caprice added: "We have to tell everyone this for Nana Sue. I am sharing this with you now for my special Grandma and my 7 year old son to honour my brave Grandma and share the devastation and danger of Covid.
She signed off: "My beautiful Grandma is so special and so loved. I miss her so much with all my broken heart. [heartbreak emoji] G-d bless all who lost there loved ones. I am so very and deeply sorry".
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
- FBI investigating the deaths of 11 Americans in the Dominican Republic found they 'died of natural causes'
- A very soulful sister act: Two young women whose incurable cancer has left them childless tell how - despite meeting only six months ago - their suffering has made them best friends
- ‘I was not willing to die for my breasts': the young women opting for mastectomies
- Edited Transcript of N2IU.SI earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 10:30am GMT
- Edited Transcript of NTB earnings conference call or presentation 23-Oct-19 2:00pm GMT
- Province asks Manitobans to protect themselves with fall flu vaccination campaign
- Alexander Litvinenko inquiry: six things we’ve learned so far
- Next Stop – The 21st Century
- Alexander Litvinenko: the man who solved his own murder
- Lorry driver Mo Robinson appears in court for the first time charged with 39 counts of manslaughter and human trafficking after migrant truck tragedy
- Now THAT's a kind of magic: DAVID WIGG was a great friend of Freddie Mercury for 16 years, here he reveals how a blockbuster new film about Queen has captured all its frontman’s swagger and vulnerability
- BEL MOONEY: I’m so hurt by ‘friends’ who bailed out on my birthday
- LinkedIn Hacked; Apple Goes After Galaxy S III; Windows Phone to Top iOS?
- Former officers: Openly racist Montgomery County police chief, deputy rule by intimidation
- What’s in a name? High school stadiums, fields honor football standouts, coaches and supporters
- Emilia Clarke health: GOT actress on scary condition that made her forget her own name
- Death truck was in convoy of THREE lorries: Families claim more than 100 migrants were smuggled into UK but only two completed their journey - as tearful wife fears husband was among 39 stowaways found dead in Essex
- Jamal Khashoggi: murder in the consulate
- Chipotle Eats Itself
- Stories About My Brother
Caprice Bourret left 'numb' as her Nana, 91, dies after falling ill from Covid-19 have 1005 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.