FOUR in five Brits think Boris Johnson left Britain vulnerable by not shutting borders earlier in the pandemic. As ministers prepare to force returning holiday makers into airport hotel isolation, new polling shows the public think it’s too little too late. 😷 Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates 83% of Conservative and 92% of Labour voters think the Government should have been tougher on international arrivals, according to a survey by Opinium. The “One Rule For Them” campaign group who commissioned the poll said: “When faced with the hard decisions like closing our borders during this crisis Boris Johnson has dithered and delayed.” The PM will convene his Covid “war committee” on Tuesday and is expected to tighten border restrictions after Matt Hancock admitted 77 cases of the South African covid variant have been found in the UK.And 11 cases of the Brazilian mutation have also been found, but Mr Hancock insisted there was no evidence of community transmission of either. Instead he blamed international travel and insisted more needed to be done to police UK borders. Most read in NewsGREAT BRRRITAIN!6ins snow and -10C PLUNGE to spark travel chaos after flurries in LondonPOST-HOLIDAY BLUESAll… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson, 54, wants to marry ex-Tory spin doctor Carrie Symonds, 30, at the heart of his divorce with Marina
- Boris Johnson’s lover Carrie Symonds, 30, pinches the 54-year-old’s bum in the street as they move in together and plan to go public
- Boris Johnson's Claims of 'Elite Conspiracy to Thwart Brexit' Ignite Twitter
- Boris Johnson under attack over Turkey claim
- Boris Johnson: 'No need for a hard border'
- Boris says stopping Brexit would be 'utterly pathetic' in major speech
- Fox says Corbyn’s Brexit plan is a ‘dangerous delusion’
- The bumpy road to Brexit: A timeline of Britain’s EU divorce
- Boris Left Red-Faced, Stutters When Called Out on ‘Turkey Migrants' Brexit Lie
- Opinion: Grayling's stunning incompetence sends the worst message to business about Brexit Britain
Boris Johnson left Britain vulnerable to Covid-19 by not shutting borders earlier, say 80% of Brits have 321 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.