The country’s recent election saw President Yoweri Museveni extend his 35-year grip on power, winning a sixth term in office.Uganda has one of the youngest populations in the world.There is frustration over the economy and a lack of future prospects, particularly among the under-30s.So is a shift in power coming?On this edition of the Sky News Daily podcast we hear from challenger Bobi Wine about the intimidation he and his team faced during the election campaign. Advertisement Plus, host Dermot Murnaghan talks to our Africa correspondent John Sparks about the country’s political history and current situation, and shares his own experience of reporting in the country after running for cover when soldiers pointed guns at him.Subscribe to the Daily podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, SpreakerDaily podcast team:
- Delhi assembly election 2020: Sonia Gandhi, Rahul, Priyanka, Navjot Sidhu among star campaigners for Congress
- Oscar nominations 2020: Tom Hanks is one of the first stars to react to his nod as Margot Robbie says 'I am so blown away'
- Slay, flop, iconic: What it's like to be a pop music stan
- Cardi B tweets she 'wants to be a politician' prompting fans to mock up Cardi B For President signs
- Many top politicians and actors met Haji Mastan and Karim Lala, says latter's grandson Salim Khan
- How David Beckham turned his Miami MLS dream into a reality
- Bollywood stars, world leaders attend Narendra Modi's swearing-in ceremony
- Navjot Singh Sidhu, Amarinder, Hooda among Congress star campaigners for Delhi elections
- Delhi Election: Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka among star campaigners for Congress
- Sidhu, Capt, Manmohan among 40 Congress star campaigners in Delhi polls
Bobi Wine - Could Uganda's pop star turned politician ever be president? have 265 words, post on news.sky.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.