The Bombay Municipal Corporation late on Saturday night suspended its
Out of the 4,000
BMC’s Executive Health Officer Dr Mangla Gumare, who is also a member of the District Covid-19 Task Force, said one of the main reasons for the low turnout was the CoWIN app’s failure to deliver messages the previous evening to 4,000 listed health workers. “Late Friday night, calls were placed to each of the 4,000 health workers. But I guess it was too late by then,” she said. Those of the 4,000 registered for Saturday, who did not get the jab, will now be listed when the drive resumes.
Earlier in the day, Chief Minister
Asked if reluctance to take the vaccine was also one of the reasons for the low turnout, Additional Municipal Commissioner Suresh Kakani said it is too early to draw that conclusion. He said not a single case of adverse reaction was reported from any of the centers in the city. “We are widely publicising the emergency contact number of each center and one-point contact numbers of doctors in case of an emergency,” Kakani said.
Photos: Covid-19 vaccination drive begins in Maharashtra; Best photos from Mumbai, Pune
CM Uddhav Thackeray calls inoculation drive ‘a revolutionary step’
With ‘puja’ and ‘flowers’, vaccination drive begins
Dr Madhura Patil was given the first corona vaccine
Doctors among the first beneficiaries to receive COVID-19 vaccine
BJMC Dean Dr M.Tambe gets COVID vaccine jab
Visuals from Lokmanya Tilak General Hospital
COVID-19 vaccination drive for Indian Naval personnel begins at INHS ASVINI
Candidates waiting at LNJP hospital
Visuals from Sutar Hospital
At the BMC-run Rajawadi Hospital, of the 485 registered, only 289 were inoculated on Saturday. This included 50 members of the hospital’s own staff. Medical Superintendent Dr Vidya Thakur, who was among the first to be vaccinated, said there were no refusals from among her staff.
State Task Force members Dr Rahul Pandit, Dr Shashank Joshi and public and private hospitals coordinator Dr Gautam Bhansali were vaccinated at the BKC jumbo center, where total 221
State Task Force members Dr Rahul Pandit, Dr Shashank Joshi and public and private hospitals coordinator Dr Gautam Bhansali were vaccinated at the BKC jumbo center, where total 221 healthcare workers were vaccinated. The centre had 498 names registered for Day 1. Centre’s head Dr Rajesh Dere said two healthcare workers refused to take the vaccine.
Photos: Meet Mumbai frontline workers who got the vaccine on Day 1
Dr Ajit Kawathekar
Dr Shailesh Vartak
Dr Mohan Joshi
Dr Laxmi Patel
Dr Madhav Karant
KEM Hospital Dean Dr Hemant Deshmukh said 500 healthcare workers were listed with KEM and by the end of the day 242 were inoculated.
At Sion Hospital, of the 400 listed healthcare workers, only 196 were vaccinated. The hospital’s Dean Dr Mohan Joshi was among the first to take the vaccine.
- The picture that shames selfish Britain: Heartbreaking image shows pensioner clutching shopping list facing empty shelves stripped by panic buyers - as supermarkets are forced to start rationing
- Here are some common Kindle Fire problems, and how to fix them
- Coronavirus updates: Americans asked to postpone elective medical procedures as virus hits all 50 states
- Coronavirus updates: Italy's death toll surpasses China's
- Coronavirus updates: California capital on lockdown, Americans told not to travel
- Coronavirus updates: California statewide 'stay at home' order, Italy death toll surpasses China
- Coronavirus timeline: How the disease spread across the globe
- 'This is not a cold. This is the Grim Reaper knocking on my door': Fitness enthusiast, 42, blasts people who dismiss coronavirus symptoms as he describes terror and pain of muscle cramps, 104 temperature and struggling to breathe
- The case for Endgame C: stop almost everything, restart when coronavirus is gone
- Virus testing of Australian COVID-19 patients halted as NZ goes into lockdown
- Deroy Murdock: Trump fights coronavirus effectively – political attacks on his response should stop
- San Francisco should be the world’s laboratory in the fight against the coronavirus
- Coronavirus data shows which countries have it under control. What did they do right?
BMC suspends vaccination drive as CoWIN app malfunctions have 1295 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.