Scenes of big crowds at Heathrow airport are “incredibly worrying”, the shadow home secretary has said, as travellers complained of long queues at passport control for a second consecutive day. Photographs posted online by travellers, including the former British ambassador Peter Westmacott, appeared to show queues of people at border control with no obvious social distancing. Labour’s Nick Thomas-Symonds expressed serious concern over the scenes and said the government was lurching from one crisis to another. “The Conservatives’ indecision and incompetence has left holes in our country’s defences,” he said. “They are incredibly worrying, with no social distancing and clearly risking transmission of yet more strains of this awful virus. Ministers need to get a grip to protect our country’s health.” In a tweet on Friday, Westmacott suggested the long queues were a haven for the spread of Covid-19. “No ventilation. Long delays. Superspreading,” he said. The Sky News journalist Adam Boulton also said on Saturday it was taking more than an hour to get through passport control as just three officials were on duty. And ITV’s Richard Gaisford said: “The queue is unbelievably long, it just snakes and snakes and snakes through the building. It doesn’t seem to be… Read full this story
- Can You Guess The Busiest Airport In The World ?
- How to Find a Niche the Crowd is Starving For
- Incredible Ukrainian Hospitality
- Big Brand Hotels Come to Kenya
- What's Worrying the Modern Dog?
- Inspirational Quotes and Sayings
- How to Get a Big Penis Using Natural Penis Enlargement Methods
- Bobby Riggs - The Big Sting! Aspen Hustle - Part Three
- Auckland Accommodation - Harbourside to Airport
- It's Fiji Time (Don't Worry, Be Happy)
Big crowds at Heathrow airport 'incredibly worrying', says Labour have 274 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 23, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.