Joe Biden spent his inaugural address preaching unity in a country riven with division.But on his first day in office he went solo to sign 15 executive orders and two directives. It was all aimed at undoing Trump’s work swiftly- from re-joining the Paris Climate accord, to a national mask mandate, to reversing the Muslim travel ban. The executive orders Biden immediately signed to reverse Trump’s policies It may be a risky move in a time crying out for bi-partisanship, but Joe Biden campaigned as the antidote to Donald Trump and it’s no surprise he didn’t want to waste any time unpicking his predecessor’s most controversial policies.The day was rich with symbolism, his press secretary opening up a briefing promising to be “truthful and transparent”. It was an attempt to reset after an unprecedented era.Gone was the talk of American carnage. Biden vowing to put an end to “an uncivil war,” insisting politics doesn’t need to be full of rage. It was the message we were expecting – a push for unity – an echo of his stump speech themes. Advertisement It felt sensible and safe, in a country that feels like it needs a pause from fighting. Liberal Hollywood… Read full this story
- Why The First Hours Of Televised Donald Trump Impeachment Hearings Might Count More Than Any Other
- The Moment of Truth for Brexit and Trump
- Everything We Know About Trump’s Ukraine Whistle-blower Scandal
- Donald Trump and the Art of the Lie
- Intelligence whistle-blower is revealed to be male CIA AGENT who worked at the White House as Donald Trump launches furious attack on his sources calling them 'close to a spy' and hinting at death penalty for 'treason'
- Did Donald Trump Just Self-Impeach?
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump, Dems fudge science on climate, storms
- Donald Trump lashes out as impeachment hearing into his presidency begins
- Early and pricey: Trump’s World Series ad an expensive pitch
- Fact-checking Trump's barrage of anti-impeachment tweets
Biden wastes no time undoing Trump's work, but it's how he handles the future that will count have 323 words, post on news.sky.com at January 21, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.