US President-elect Joe Biden announced a $1.9 trillion (€1.56 trillion) stimulus package on Thursday to revitalize a flagging economy and speed up the nation’s response to the coronavirus pandemic. Biden laid out the first of his “two-step plan of rescue and recovery” in a prime-time address. “Tonight, I lay out my first step, the American Rescue Plan that will tackle the pandemic and get direct financial assistance and relief to Americans who need it the most,” he said. “Next month, in my first appearance before a joint session of Congress I will lay out my ‘build back better’ recovery plan,” Biden said on Thursday. “It will make historic investments in infrastructure, manufacturing, innovation, and research and development in clean energy.” “Our ‘rescue and recovery’ plan is a path forward with both serious of purpose and a clear plan, with transparency and accountability, with a call for unity that is equally necessary,” he said. “It’s not hard to see that we’re in the middle of a once-in-several-generations economic crisis with a once-in-several-generations public health crisis. A crisis of deep human suffering is in plain sight and there’s no time to waste,” Biden said. “We have to act, and we have to… Read full this story
- The Good Economy
- Book Review on Carlos Ghsosn's Leadership Style - Shift Inside Nissan's Historic Revival
- For Education: The Writing is on the Oil Well
- Lean Leadership - Troubled Waters Require Capable Leaders at the Helm
- More Financial DeBunking - The Secret Savings Accounts of Smart Americans
- Who Died? New Book Assesses The Battle To Control Us Healthcare
- The US Government Is Broke - What Should Americans Do?
- Globlization And Its Impact Of Insurance Industry In India
- Seven Steps to Surviving the Recession
- Where Does The Insight Come From For Serious Think Tank Members?
Biden unveils $1.9 trillion plan to revive pandemic-hit US economy have 292 words, post on www.dw.com at January 15, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.