AT LEAST 10 states are deploying National Guard troops and several are closing their Capitols amid the FBI’s warnings of armed protests around President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. Among states that are activating Guardsmen leading up to Inauguration Day are California, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Washington and Wisconsin, according to a New York Times survey on Friday. Meanwhile, states that plan to shut down their Capitol grounds before Wednesday include Kentucky, Texas and Virginia. New Mexico and other states with legislatures meeting over the coming days have erected fencing around their Capitols. Some states, including Indiana and Michigan, have taken unprecedented measures of canceling their legislative work next week over the warnings of possible violence. America prepared for potential violence as: The FBI continues to arrest Capitol rioters including a woman who live-streamed the siege Armed National Guards members converged in Washington, DC, in uniform and plain clothes The FBI investigate 37 people over the killing of a Capitol cop during the insurrection President-elect Biden postponed his inauguration rehearsal over security threats In the days following the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, the FBI warned that armed protesters could target Washington, DC, and capitals across the nation. Such… Read full this story
- Georgia governor deploying National Guard after weekend violence
- Minnesota Governor authorizes 'full mobilization' of state's National Guard, says protests no longer about death of George Floyd
- Minnesota governor authorizes 'full mobilization' of state's National Guard, says protests no longer about death of George Floyd
- George Floyd Protests Spread Across The Nation, As Minnesota Deploys National Guard
- 'When the looting starts, the shooting starts': Trump threatens to 'assume control' of Minneapolis in extraordinary tweet about rioter 'THUGS' as National Guard rolls into the city and George Floyd protests erupt across the U.S.
- George Floyd death: Protesters set police station on fire; National Guard called in
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - George Floyd's death sparks protests, National Guard activation
- Gov. Brian Kemp declares State of Emergency in Georgia and deploys 1,000 National Guard troops to Atlanta saying peaceful protests have been 'hijacked by criminals' after five are shot dead including eight-year-old girl
- Trump says he's "president of law and order," declares aggressive action on violent protests
- Violent protests engulf US, 40 cities under curfew; 4,000 arrested
Biden inauguration – TEN states deploy National Guard and TX, VA & KY to SHUT Capitols as US braces for violent protests have 371 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.