A PEDIATRICIAN held hostage by a doctor with terminal cancer and killed in a murder-suicide embodied “positivity and love and happiness,” families said. Dr Katherine Lindley Dodson, 43, was held hostage at Children’s Medical Group in Austin, Texas, where she worked, during a six-hour standoff on Tuesday that resulted in her death. Dr Bharat Narumanchi, who was diagnosed with cancer and had just “weeks to live,” entered the medical center with a shotgun, a pistol and two duffel bags, according to police. Law enforcement officials spent hours trying to negotiate with Narumanchi but found both doctors dead in the “murder suicide.” The parents of various children under Dodson’s care remembered the mother of three and wife as an exceptional doctor and person. She always spread “positivity and love and happiness,” Leslie Chunta, who had two children seeing Dodson, told Fox News on Wednesday. Chunta said Dodson followed up about her son and provided new information months after the doctor’s visit. “On New Year’s Eve day, she gave me a call and mentioned that she had done some additional training and thought of my son, and she went out of her way to call me and ask me how my son is… Read full this story
- Nicole Brown Simpson's Sister Tanya Remembers Her as a Down-to-Earth Mom: 'Her Kids Were Her Life'
- 'My father has been found many times over the years': Lord Lucan's son RUBBISHES claims he is now living as a Buddhist in Australia
- Inside the Undying Fascination With Sharon Tate: Destined for Stardom, Doomed to Be a Legend
- Recap: Apocalypse Now
- Great Holiday-Movie Alternatives That You Can Stream
- The Observer's books of the year
- The moment police KNEW Jeremy Bamber was guilty: ITV viewers to see chillingly accurate reconstruction of how killer’s crocodile tears convinced detectives he had gunned down his family in cold blood
- Sundance 2019: Alfre Woodard, Alec Baldwin + Making Of ‘Alien’, Satanists & Roy Cohn Docus Among U.S., World Cinema, NEXT, Midnight & Kids Slates
- Cat Performances, Ranked
- Ranking the new fall TV trailers, from best to worst
Austin hostage pediatrician Katherine Dodson remembered by parents as ‘full of love and happiness’ after murder-suicide have 336 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 28, 2021. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.