AN ‘AMAZING’ young woman died after a cyst on her leg became infected, leaving her with deadly pneumonia.
Tragic Natasha Forry, 29, died ten days after going to hospital with an enlarged cyst on her leg despite returning three times in agonising pain.
The ‘healthy’ bartender from Vancouver, Canada, reassured her mum with the words “don’t cry mum” in an emotional phone call – but the next day she was dead.
“Natasha was this incredible girl, my only child, and she had a future, a bright future,” mum Ann Forry told CBC.
“How does a healthy 29-year-old die?”
How does a healthy 29-year-old die?
The former film casting executive first went to hospital with an enlarged cyst on her leg that needed draining.
Natasha was given painkillers and sent home feeling better.
But a week later on October 9, the pain had spread to her abdomen and medics at a local walk-in centre referred her to the emergency room at Lions Gate Hospital, in Vancouver, with suspected appendicitis.
After tests and X-rays, the young woman was told she had swollen lymph nodes in her stomach and sent home with painkillers, added her grief-stricken mum.
Terrified Natasha was in agony again the next day, mum Ann wrote on online petition In Their Name.
“It broke my heart to hear her in so much pain but I knew that there wasn’t anything I could do to help her. I believed the hospital was the best place for her to get care,” she explained.
The young woman, who had recently launched her own natural dry shampoo for dogs, returned to the hospital, only to be sent away with more painkillers.
“On the morning of Sunday October 11th, Natasha called and relayed to me with difficulty that she was having trouble breathing. I told her to call 9-1-1 immediately,” revealed mum Ann.
“Shortly after, Natasha called and said she was at the hospital. I was relieved. I thought she must be okay if she was able to call. I started to cry and she replied to me “don’t cry mum”.
“Those would be my daughter’s last words to me.”
Natasha was rushed to intensive care, where she was put on a ventilator with suspected Covid-19 and given kidney dialysis.
But despite the Covid-19 test coming back negative, the next Ann heard from doctors was a phone call first thing on the morning of Thanksgiving telling her to get to the hospital.
“We arrived at the ICU and saw a sea of expressionless faces,” said devastated Ann.
“My lovely Natasha was gone.”
An autopsy report showed she died as a result of pneumonia caused by a staphylococcus infection.
While the autopsy report does not definitely say the infection was a result of the cyst, it raises that possibility, added Ann, who has filed a complaint with the College of Physicians.
Vancouver Coastal Health issued a statement in response to Natasha Forry’s death.
“This is a tragic situation, and we share our deepest condolences with the family and loved ones,” the health authority said.
“We know this is a difficult and stressful situation. However, patient privacy and confidentiality prevent us from publicly discussing the details of this case.
“We conducted a review to examine the circumstances and our processes in the care of this patient, and will use these findings to improve care.”
She was so loved and such an incredible, brilliant, beautiful, caring, amazing human being.
Best friend Parmis Ghodsi paid tribute to Natasha in an emotional post on Facebook, describing her pal as a “brilliant, beautiful, caring, amazing human being”.
“This has been the biggest loss for me in my life and one I am still dealing with the grief of,” she wrote.
Most read in World News
MAULED BY BEASTS
Girl, 14, EATEN by two lions when she went to use outside toilet in India
Dad ‘slashes teen kids’ throats during Xmas visit after child support row’
Chilling moment Grace killer smuggles her body out of hotel in suitcase
HAUNTED BY EVIL
Grace killer’s first rape victim sees his ‘popping eyes every time I sleep’
Three kids burn alive after ‘mum locked them in house to go on binge’
“She was so loved and such an incredible, brilliant, beautiful, caring, amazing human being.
“Words don’t do justice to describe who this person was to me, her amazing mum, and to so many others who are still dealing with this tremendous loss too.”
- Woman, 29, suffers a stroke at work just five weeks before her wedding because she was 'taking the contraceptive pill while overweight'
- Woman, 29, saws off ‘paedo’ dad’s manhood with a bread knife after he ‘abused her since she was 10’
- Shaking woman says crane collapse that left one dead was 'like an earthquake'
- Spain suffers its worst day yet as 838 die from coronavirus - six higher than previous daily record as country's death total soars to 6,528
- Outbreaks of Covid-like illnesses in care homes are at their highest levels in a MONTH, Public Health England data shows
- Cinema's coming home! Grab the popcorn, dim the lights and settle in for our pick of this summer's sensational new films - and thanks to the lockdown, you'll be able to watch most them in your own living room...
- Are simple at-home tests telling covid-infected Americans they don't have the virus? Easy nostril swabs miss 14% more cases than 'brain scraping' samples taken by nurses, study suggests
- Olivia de Havilland, star of 'Gone With the Wind,' dies at 104
- Coronavirus live updates: California exceeds 11,000 new cases in a day for first time
- Coronavirus live updates: Three Bay Area counties report triple-digit increases in infections
- Young people are infecting older family members in shared homes
- 'Death messenger' who has the daunting task of telling families their loved ones have died opens up about his heartbreaking job - and why he NEVER says 'they're gone'
- 'Anti-feminist' lawyer who 'shot dead federal judge's son and wounded her husband while posing as a FedEx driver before killing himself in his car' had terminal cancer and previously trashed her in a self-published book
- Coronavirus live updates: California exceeds 200 deaths in one day for first time
- I'm not hysterical: Matt Hancock denies overreacting to rising infections as he defends increase in self-isolation times to TEN days for people testing positive or showing symptoms - and says a 'second wave is rolling across Europe'
- Coronavirus live updates: 31 Costco employees infected in South Bay
- Two brothers and a woman charged in 'truck-deal massacre' appear in court via video call after police say they followed three best friends to remote fishing spot before shooting them dead - and then gorging on McDonald's
- SDCC 2020 is virtual: How to attend Comic-Con at Home and what to expect
- SDCC 2020 has started: Here's how to attend Comic-Con at Home
- Son, 20, of £1.6m-a-year Boohoo CEO was found dead from a 'morphine overdose in his bed at family's £1.9m Sevenoaks home after he failed to get up for work at 5am' during lockdown
Woman, 29, dies of horror infection after docs misdiagnose her deadly cyst FOUR TIMES and sent her home have 1180 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 22, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.